Thursday, August 17, 2023

Condolences

This morning we said goodbye to Manor Lake, with the moving truck heading there early to grab the last of the furniture from Nana's room, along with the other stuff in there, including a framed picture that was hand painted of the village Nana was born in.  It's a precious artifact, as is that teddy bear that she had by her side as she passed away.  Things are neatly put in our house at the moment, placed in organized piles here or there, and we'll deal with that as things move along.  Currently the guest room is back to its previous status, with Nana's bed there, and the furniture there too.  We'll hang that painting up in there, along with the photos of the wedding party that attended Nana and Baba's marriage ceremony.  Not many left still living in that picture.  


We had condolences arriving all day long.  Mom received flowers, and a few cards too expressing simply, along with some gift cards within too.  It was a day where many people were calling from all different places.  It was also a day where Uncle George had to go.  He left early afternoon, heading back to work after getting quite a bit done with Mom.  It has been a tough week, but it's good to have family and friends here.


Tonight the condolences continued at taekwondo, and it really sunk in when someone mentioned the chair - it's the chair that Nana always sat in to look through the window and watch the students spar and train.  Many came up to us to express their love, and that was nice.  They all had the nicest things to say about Nana, and that was sweet.


Mom was wanting some ice cream, so I brought some home - the three of us ate ice cream (and I had some lactose free ice cream, which wasn't too bad).  Of course we watched a few episodes of "Monk" as we were wrapping up the day.  We actually got to the end of season one tonight, and after that, we got to the end of the reading of the book, "Leia."  It was a decent book.  Not much happened in it, not like some of my favorite Zahn books, but it was still a decent look at Leia's early life.  It helped while setting up for our Star Wars themed series at KidPak.  Maddie is wanting to return to the Discworld tomorrow, so we'll see what she thinks tomorrow night as we pick a book.


It's been a full day.  We had Christmas meetings today, and there's a lot of Christmas material still left to write.  That's me, I think.  I've been writing a few things here or there... I think I'll close with that... here are some thoughts I had about what Joseph would say here or there during the production.  Obviously there's a lot of editing still left to go...


Wonderful.  Counselor.  Mighty God.  …infant child?  (pause)  Well, it all had to start somewhere, right?   But of course that’s why we’re here today, to celebrate the most wonderful time of the year.  

It’s a beautiful story, one that I probably know more than most.  Now you may be wondering why that is, so I’ll tell you:  I was there!  

The Bible doesn’t have much to say about me, and yet I do have so much to say.  I am no warrior, no prophet, and certainly not a king, although from what I understand one of my ancestors was King David himself!  Imagine me, a royal descendant!  (laugh)  

No, I’m no king – I’ve chosen a much more noble profession (playfully gesturing to carpentry work).  I always believe the Lord blesses those who build things.  

Why look around you, friends.  The one we’re here to celebrate today built all of you see around you as the son of a carpenter, and a king.  It’s a remarkable story, one that starts with a young girl, blessed and highly favored.  (smiling, in love)  She has a name you know by heart.  Her name… is Mary.  And she was about to have a very special visitor.

 

Set up ANGEL VISIT, and song:  BREATH OF HEAVEN


No comments:

Post a Comment