Wednesday, February 1, 2023

FCY Wednesdays


Maddie went to Free Chapel Youth tonight, enjoying the service with the youth.  I drop her off, and then head back home to Mom, where there was a little bit to eat followed by an early viewing of "Groundhog Day" on the television.  Mom was wanting to go ahead and see that, and I was thinking, "Why not?"  Part of the reason for early viewing was my description of the book I've been reading lately, called "The Magic of Groundhog Day." 



This has been a fun book to read!  It offers explanations and ways to escape from feeling like you're stuck in a loop, and of course those loops you want to get out of.  Anyway, it's a fun motivational book that cites examples and themes from the movie, and I'm glad I picked it up.


After getting Maddie, we got back and there wasn't too much time left.  We did have time to read from the devotional and from our adventure in Discworld.  Rincewind seems ready to do battle against a Sorcerer, and we'll see how that goes.  Given that Rincewind is inexplicably a survivor, you know things will turn out okay.  Especially with the Luggage on its way to save the day.  We'll see though.  Until then, Maddie has been enjoying the story.


We said our prayers tonight, and we got to bed shortly afterwards.  I'm still not well from Saturday night.  Things are better than they were specifically at that time, but there are still things going on that are somewhat unsettling.  Or, perhaps they're settling too much.  I'm not sure. 


No comments:

Post a Comment