Monday, September 19, 2022

Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day 2022


It's Talk-Like-a-Pirate day, and so we started out our morning with the Lord's Prayer as we always do:  "Arrrr Father...."


Actually, we do start the day out with the Lord's Prayer every morning, and then hop into the car for a quick ride to the high school.  I had in the soundtrack to Pirates of the Caribbean, of course, just to get a little piratey, and had that playing on my walk on the treadmill too.  It's a major holiday!  In fact, tonight we revisited "Muppet Treasure Island," another pirate classic.  Billy Bones is hysterical, and Sam the Eagle an unexpectedly good fencer.  It was a great way to close out the day.


I was supposed to pick up my parents at the airport at 11:30pm tonight, but things sort of went awry.  There were delays, and the bottom line is that I picked them up at 3:30 am.  Yikes!  On the bright side, there were - and I'm not making this up - two cars the entire length of interstate 400.  I passed one car around the end of Forsyth, and there was another down by Buckhead.  Obviously it was past two in the morning, but that road is always so packed with cars that it was an interesting drive.


Anyway, that made a late night.  My health has been improving lately, and I have discovered there was another virus going around, a stomach virus, at the Divine Conference.  Which explains the troubles I've been having, although mine haven't been as severe as I'm hearing others have had.  The point is, there are things going around, just like the beginning of every school season, and all our staff is enduring waves of this or that.  


Before taking a quick nap tonight and setting my alarm for 2am, I read to Maddie a little bit.  We said our prayers, and we were off to sleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment