Friday, September 23, 2022

Baseball Drawing


 So check out this amazing drawing that Maddie did in art class.  The shadowing and gray scales are done super well, and of course the subject matter is pretty fun too.  Maddie wanted to do a baseball because it would be different, but as the Braves have once again gotten into the playoffs, it's pretty appropriate too.  Regardless, it's a huge part of the drawing process and a big advancement in her skills.  I can't wait to see what she does next!

Speaking of school work, this week she was already at work in the coffee shop.  I don't know any details yet, which is to say I don't know if she's a barista or not.  But I'm assuming she's going to be if she hasn't already, and if that's the case, she can put that on her resume.  "Yes, at one time I was a barista."  That should open some serious doors in the future. 

Just on a side note, I literally had on my resume a few odd things just for fun, one of which seemed super random, but I put it on there anyway:  I was a Ferris wheel operator.  I also worked at a Blockbuster, and looking back, I'm kind of proud of that.  There was a job at a toy store too.  There was a job at a hydraulic jack company cutting super heavy pipes and putting them into place.  But the amusement park job was the best of all.

Moving on, tonight was another big football game at the high school, so Maddie and I went there right after taekwondo.  It was a lot of rushing around, pardon the pun.  Yes, a little football reference there.  Tonight's game was a defensive battle - the end score combined was 13.  But it was close, so everyone was certainly into it.  The bands did really well at half time, and in fact that was what Maddie wanted to go see tonight most of all.  She recorded them performing just to send it to certain members afterwards.  She was really enjoying the performance. 

But it got cold out there.  This is appropriate, as it is now Fall.  A lot of us were stunned at the temperature drop, and it seemed fitting having that chill at a football game.  We got home and warmed up afterwards, and also watched an episode of "She-Hulk," as there wasn't as much time tonight.

It was a good day though a full one.  We read some tonight before bed, and then said our prayers.  We get to sleep in tomorrow, and that's pretty good news!


No comments:

Post a Comment