Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Luau


Maddie went to a luau tonight, or at least a luau-themed service.  It was super fun.  A lot of thought went into this , with flower leis and decorations throughout the church.


Maddie invited two friends, and the three of them walked through the door and into a fun night.  There were the tiki torches lining the sidewalk on the way in, and for a game tonight, I got them the limbo stick!


Okay, so it's just a piece of bamboo.  But it worked!  There are some folks that are surprisingly flexible and balanced for precisely this sort of activity.  I am not one of them!


Of course everyone who had a Hawaiian shirt was wearing one.  I still have my shirts I got in Hawaii, and we'll have to get Maddie there some day.  But in the meantime, this will have to do.  


There was even a fire twirler there.  I had to look up what you call this performer, as "fire juggler" doesn't quite cover it.  Nor does "flaming dancer!"  Anyway, he was out there after service, and there was Chick-Fil-A with Polynesian sauce too, and of course there was Kona ice.  Yes!  It was a fun night!


We had a decent day today, finishing up some things at work while Maddie was also finishing the LEGO Skywalker saga, or at least the story mode.  It's actually a pretty big game, as each planet has a lot of real estate to explore.  It's actually pretty fun, and we'll no doubt have a great time as we continue to search for hidden things or extra missions, going back to worlds to explore them.


We read tonight, and we said our prayers too.  Maddie mixed up my Rubik's cube again, and I've really got the hang of that, getting that solved quickly enough.  The next one that's a bit different that I haven't quite mastered yet is the Pyramix.  We have one, and each time it gets messed up I have to look up how to fix it with those final steps.  I'll master that one soon - I'm suddenly really into these 8o's puzzle games with a small collection.  Revisiting the "Whip It" game earlier, I realized how easy it is to actually solve.  We'll no doubt be adding a few of these types of puzzles to the collection here.


Anyway, problems solved and a fun day had by all.  Got some work done today too.  We'll head to bed, and start it all over again tomorrow.


No comments:

Post a Comment