Saturday, July 23, 2022

Florida Alligator Bug-A-Salt Gun Rack and Electronic Zapper Racket Hanger


A few years ago we had a white elephant exchange at Christmas time, and I wound up with this Florida alligator mini-shelf that my dad made, and it looks so tacky that I actually really loved it.  Note:  he intentionally made it to look odd.  Anyway, I loved it so much, I kept it around, but obviously it didn't really have a place anywhere.  UNTIL NOW!  Mom hung it up in the garage and it makes the perfect gun rack for our bug-a-salt weaponry and electronic zapper racket.  This is so redneck, and I was so happy to see it all when I got home.  It's perfect!


Today we had a few chores to run, starting with a visit to the optometrist for Maddie.  She's now fitted with contact lenses, and she's doing reasonably well with the adjustment process.  While out, we were doing a bit of back-to-school shopping, starting outa  dollar store that used to be a bit nicer.  Now it looks like the victim of some rioting, with a wandering smell floating through the premises and a bathroom that will destroy you.  I kid you not:  this is one of the seven worst bathrooms in the United States, and it is right here in Gainesville, Georgia, according to people who keep track of these sorts of things.  It's a dubious honor, and it takes a bit of work to create a bathroom experience that checks off all the things that make for a terrifying bathroom experience.  But an hour later, I was still repressing the gag reflex as I reflected on the horror in that one room.  I digress.  


We did get some boba tea earlier, and that was really good.  I'm settling in on a few flavors that I feel are reliable favorites, as is Maddie.  Although we still branch out and try new things quite a bit.  We were using our gift card for the visit, something Maddie got for her birthday.  She's still going through those gift cards, and probably will do so some more as we continue doing some shopping for school.  But today we went to a few more places for back-to-school shopping, and checked off a few more items from the list, the usual standard items needed.  We've ordered some online too, and are fairly ready for the school year, which starts very soon.  It's crazy - crazy I say! - for back-to-school shopping in July.  That is not right.  At all.


We didn't see any zedonks today, or do much interesting really.  I was on a spider hunt for a while, because the juro spiders are getting out of control now.  None are huge, mainly because I destroy them early here.  We've had some a little bigger, but no ginormous ones yet.  Still, I must have terminated about seventy of them on our property just around our house.  I am not exaggerating.  My neighbors and I were talking about the attack of these jurors, and I think they're all convinced to get one of these salt guns too.  It's cheaper in the long run, cleaner than poison, and of course, there's something satisfying about the shooting gallery aspect of it.  They were all lined up like target big and small, far and close, and my job is to knock them all out of their webs.  In pieces!


I was walking today, starting a pretty big POV journey through New Zealand, which looks just like the areas they were filming for the "Lord of the Rings" movies.  I've got to get my HDL up a little higher, and the blood pressure down somewhat.  Things have been stressful lately, so long walks on the treadmill have some nice benefits.


We've got church tomorrow, and it should be a nice service.  I got some compliments from the other campuses on these messages.  We've got one more for our "At the Movies" series, and it's been a fun four weeks.  These go by so quickly.  Anyway, we read tonight from our current adventure, and we said our prayers after that.  Once a week now we have to set the alarm, and that's for Sunday morning.  Soon enough though, we'll be back-to-school and back to setting it more often.  Yikes!


No comments:

Post a Comment