Friday, March 25, 2011

Friday, Friday


Here Madison is at the office, posing with the girls. They're all pretty pumped because it's Friday, Friday. She had a great time partying, partying (yeah!). Everybody's looking forward to the weekend because it's fun, fun, fun, fun. Yesterday was Thursday. Today it is Friday. We so excited!

If any of that previous paragraph makes no sense to the reader, my apologies. It is largely made up of lyrics from the latest viral video, "Friday," by Rebecca Black. Basically... it's viral because it's bad. The lyrics are - as you can read above - not something you'd see in any book of poetry. Here's one of Daddy's favorite excerpts:

Yesterday was Thursday, Thursday
Today i-is Friday, Friday (Partyin')
We-we-we so excited
We so excited
We gonna have a ball today

Tomorrow is Saturday
And Sunday comes after ... wards
I don't want this weekend to end

I happen to like the song. I side with Simon Cowell of American Idol a bit. "Love it!" he said.

But I admit I only like it in the way I enjoy pink flamingoes, velvet paintings and the House on the Rock. It is an odd genre of music, somewhat like what Ed Wood is to movies. Off the top of my head, I can't think of a song that has the same effect, as most bad songs generally tend to annoy me. But this one is fun, fun, fun, fun...

Anyway, we've made our own video - somewhat of a parody. This one's called "Sunday," and we've filmed Madison for a tiny cameo. Hopefully she'll make it into the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment