Saturday, March 19, 2011

Foul Ball


Here's a video of Daddy getting hit with yet another foul ball today. I was seated, reading and minding my own business... but these foul balls have a way of finding me...

Historically, Daddy has a problem getting hit with errant foul balls. It was at a Braves vs. Expos game a few years ago, top of the ninth. Daddy was sitting next to Mommy, and there was another couple with us, seated beside us. We had tenth row seats - you really have to pay attention up there! As you have probably deduced, Daddy got smacked in the jaw with a foul ball. It came out of nowhere!

Looking back, I was glad it was not Mommy, or the girl seated on the other side of me. I mean, if it had to be someone, I'm glad it was me.

Ushers moved forward out of nowhere to see if I was okay, dragging me to a golf cart with Zena. The two of us went to the top of Turner Field, where they took a bunch of pictures of me for insurance purposes, of course. And no, I didn't get the ball. Some other guy did, thanks to it bouncing off of my face!

This sets up our KidPak video for this week, which was finished late Saturday night. This is a commercial with no real purpose other than slapstick - so take a look at some major league goofiness. If anyone ever wonders why we sit further back with Madison to watch a baseball game, this video pretty much sums it up.

"Hello again, everybody. It's a bee-yooo-tiful day for baseball."
- Harry Caray

No comments:

Post a Comment