Thursday, April 29, 2010

Madison Has Class

Today was an interesting day of surprises. We first started out with the plan of getting military gear for our upcoming series. We visited consignment shops and a military surplus store, and picked a few things up - especially a little outfit for Madison.

But, we hadn't planned on visiting a place that gives music lessons, where we'll expose Madison to all sorts of musical instruments and styles. It was a spontaneous trip, after dropping some books off at the library. Mommy knew there was a building nearby where we could all go in and check out some classes, so we did. It was fun: There's a music camp this summer that we're strongly thinking of setting up Madison for - but that's not all we're thinking of getting her involved in.

We also visited a gymnastics studio that Madison's cousin Hannah goes to. We visited while Hannah was there, as you can see. This class was a little too old for Madison's age, but she still wanted to go out and imitate everybody. She's very athletic, and we all know she likes to tackle Daddy. She loves climbing about, so we thought we'd expose her to a little gymnastics today - and I'm glad we did. She had fun - though it was brief - with the class, and we collected the information for a future visit. I think we're going to a gymnastics camp soon enough.

Actually, we'll be looking at our calendar a whole lot pretty soon! One reason is that we also have some more swimming classes coming up - and Daddy wants to try out some karate!
Maybe not Rex Kwon Do, but there are some great karate classes for kids as young as Madison out there. Maybe she'll get a black belt! Can't you just see her now, running around in a dojo, punishing her ninja enemies with flying roundhouse kicks? She's pretty good with kicks right now, as I can show you a couple bruises! Okay, so karate is not all about kicks. It's about discipline. That's apparently something Daddy was never blessed with! So karate just might be some fun - we'll explore that after visiting a studio or two.

ANYWAY, the point of all this is there are a lot of classes and scheduling events coming up, all of which I'm really looking forward to. Hopefully, she'll enjoy all of these. We're just wanting her to experience different things, and if she likes any one of them enough, we'll certainly continue on that path. Otherwise, it'll be fun to try something new out. We just want to see her blessed, and highly favored.

Speaking of "highly favored," Mommy put together another fantastic meal tonight. Today was a special occasion on the calendar. I hope you had as much fun as we did, because today was:

NATIONAL SHRIMP SCAMPI DAY
Mommy made sure we celebrated appropriately enough, with a delicious dinner made of Shrimp Scampi. Daddy was looking forward to this all day long. Mommy did a great job putting it all together, making a tasty feast!

Again, looking up National Shrimp Scampi Day, I couldn't find out the exact reason or person who said, "Hey, this is an important occasion: let's make it National Shrimp Scampi Day." Also, I like the fact that it is a National day, much different from that other World Shrimp Scampi Day.

Regardless, it was a great opportunity to eat a fine meal!

"Hi-yah!" -Miss Piggy

No comments:

Post a Comment