Friday, August 20, 2021

Rainy


Maddie took this picture of a car on the road in the rain recently.  We've had a lot of rain this week.  Tropical Depression Fred started things out, but after that we've been caught in this cycle with a lot of heavy downpours throughout the day, big thick and gray clouds, hanging low as they move across the sky. It's been pretty rainy lately.


Maddie was back at taekwondo tonight, and early too.  I pick her up in the car line afterwards, and today I got there a little earlier, and got her home about ten minutes earlier.  It was an extra twenty minutes waiting on my end, but at least I was off the road and in the parking lot.  I might do that again on Monday. I just sat there reading my book as I waiting for Maddie to leave the school.


We got over to taekwondo, and I got to go inside this time.  No test results yet, but I'm pretty sure I'm fine, as it's been well over two weeks since I first got sick.  There are just a few symptoms that linger, one of them being this drainage.  Mom is getting her taste back, but she's still super tired.  


It was great getting to be in there and watch Maddie with taekwondo again.  She did well, of course, and things have changed in there a bit.  For one, a lot of remodeling was done inside, and the observation area is nice, as well as more roomy for people walking back and forth.  Maddie was in leadership first, and then in her black belt class, where she's practicing with some other new black belts now.  She was happy to have some new friends in class from the previous one.


We got some ice cream on the way home because why not.  I'm not eating any, but I got some for Maddie. I'm trying to cut down on saturated fats, to keep my heart healthy.  Speaking of which, I need to get back on the treadmill, but I'll probably do that next week.  


Tonight there was nothing really new on the television, so we returned to an old standby, continuing our "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." marathon, still in the early part of season four.  We watched a few episodes with Ghost Rider, and here we are back on schedule, marching on towards the end of the season.  This was a great episode tonight, one that featured Johnny Blaze as "The Good Samaritan."  


Maddie's been eating pizza with at least a tablespoon of ground hot pepper on it.  I hate to admit this, but I'm the one who introduce ground hot pepper to her.  I didn't expect her to smother her pizza with it though!  Her love of hot sauce and spicy things knows no bounds.  We're talking about heading back to a wings place to try an even spicier sauce.  She has her limits, but they're up there.  Coming home, she got some chips at the gas station, and of course they were super spicy.  She just loves spicy foods.  But Mom and I are starting to eat again.  We've lost a lot of weight over time - no appetite, and queasy stomachs.  But we're starting to eat a bit more again, and that's good.


We're still in the midst of this Kingdom Keeper book number five.  The characters are currently on Castaway Cay, and I'm wanting to be there now too.  The idea of a cruise sounds really nice, but there's other trips on the horizon, hopefully.  Hopefully.  We haven't been anywhere in a really long time, and the idea of a vacation is just a dream right now.  So even though there's peril, and Tia Dalma, at least we're on Castaway Cay in a book each night.  That will have to do for now.


We said our prayers tonight, and we were off to sleep again.  We don't have to get up early tomorrow, and that is good.  Despite the dominant symptoms fading away, we're still plagued with fatigue, and this drainage.  A good night's rest will help out a lot.


No comments:

Post a Comment