Saturday, August 17, 2013

Rainy Saturday Nap


It was a busy work day, but at least we got to spend much of it here at the house.  Above, you can see some of the so-called "work," where we put on probably the biggest puppet show possible with Madison's personal theater.  In fact, here's the script Daddy came up with:

Madison’s Puppet Theater
A Special Visit

CUE TRACK:  FAIRY TALE THEATER

NARRATOR: “Once upon a time, there was a nice young girl named Sparkles who had a nice bakery in the land of Rainbows, nearby the Floating Diamond Castle.”

SPARKLES enters RIGHT

NARRATOR:  “She served everyone cake, and was kind to everyone, including the (list the different puppets that show up, one by one).”

PUPPETS walk in from left, walking off to right.

NARRATOR:  “She was kind with her giving and prayed a lot, and this got God’s attention.  In fact, one special night she heard a voice from above.”

CUT TO MADISON CUTTING OFF LIGHT SWITCH

FLASHLIGHT shines down on SPARKLES

CUE TRACK:  WONDER

VOICE:  “Hello Sparkles!”

SPARKLES:  “Who said that?”

VOICE:  “Ummm…. Me?”

SPARKLES:  “Oh, YOU!  So… how are things?”

VOICE:  “Fine.  And you?”

SPARKLES: “Pretty good.”

VOICE: “I know.  You are making me very proud.  In fact, I have decided to come and visit you tomorrow.”

SPARKLES:  “What?  Tomorrow?”

VOICE: “Is that a problem?”

SPARKLES: “No sir!  I can’t wait to see you!”

VOICE: “ Great. See you then?”

SPARKLES: “Abso-rifficly!”

LIGHTS COME BACK ON, FLASHLIGHT OFF

CUE TRACK:  FAIRY TALE

NARRATOR:  “Sparkles was thrilled.”

SPARKLES: “I’m thrilled!”

NARRATOR:  “She suddenly found new energy, and got to work straight away, baking late into the night.”

SPARKLES looks busy, using cooking instruments.

NARRATOR:  “But then she got tired.  She stretched, and yawned, and decided it was time to go to bed.”

SPARKLES: “I’m going to bed!”

SPARKLES exits to right.

NARRATOR:  “The next morning, the rooster crowed.”

BUMBLE BEE rises up and crows.

CUE SOUND EFFECT:  ROOSTER CROWING

NARRATOR:  “And the little chef Sparkles immediately got to work setting things up for her very special guest.”

SPARKLES appears busy.

NARRATOR:  “Suddenly, the door bell rang.”

CUE SOUND EFFECT:  WEIRD NOISE

NARRATOR:  “And there at the door… was a special visitor.”

CUE TRACK:  “NOW BEHOLD THE LAMB.”

SPARKLES gasps and shakes with anticipation

LAMBCHOP pops up

CUT MUSIC

LAMBCHOP:  “Hello there!”

SPARKLES:  “Huh?”

LAMBCHOP:  “What’s-a-matter?”

SPARKLES:  “It’s just that I was… expecting someone else.”

LAMBCHOP:  “Sorry.  Hey, is that a cake I smell?  I’m sooooooo hungry!”

NARRATOR:  “Sparkles was a little disappointed to say the least.”

SPARKLES:  “I’m a little disappointed to say the least, but I’ve got some cake for you.”

CUE TRACK:  FAIRY TALE

SPARKLES gives LAMBCHOP a cake.  Somehow.

NARRATOR: “So Sparkles took good care of her new friend, who then went on her way.”

LAMBCHOP exits STAGE RIGHT

SPARKLES:  “Well now!  Now with that out of the way, I can get ready for my special visitor!”

NARRATOR:  “Indeed!  And soon enough, behold the doorbell rang once again.”

CUE SOUND EFFECT:  “DOORBELL!”

SPARKLES:  “Oh boy!  Oh boy!  Oh boy!”

NARRATOR:  “Sparkles looked up, and there at the door was…”

GIRAFFE appears.

NARRATOR:  “A giraffe.”

GIRAFFE:  “Hello.  I’m a giraffe.  And I’m not feeling well.”

SPARKLES:  “I’m so sorry to hear that.  Here, have some cake!”

NARRATOR: “So the good Sparkles gave the giraffe some delicious cake, and sure enough, the giraffe started to feel better.”

GIRAFFE:  “I feel better!”

NARRATOR:  “The giraffe gave Sparkles a big hug.”’

GIRAFFE gets close, and having no arms, simply leans into SPARKLES, then exits.

NARRATOR:  “Then the giraffe went on his way.”

GIRAFFE pops up into frame.

GIRAFFE:  “Her way.”

NARRATOR:  “Uh, yes.  Sorry.  Her way.”

GIRAFFE exits.

NARRATOR:  “And Sparkles was left wondering at what time her special visitor would come.”

CUE SOUND EFFECT:  DOORBELL

SPARKLES shrieks!

NARRATOR:  “Suddenly, the doorbell rang once more!  This had to be it!  The moment her special visitor had arrived!”

SPARKLES:  “Could it be?  Is it He?”

CUE SOUNDTRACK: “Christmas music”

RUDOLPH the RED-NOSED REINDEER pops in.

SPARKLES:  “Well aren’t you cute!”

RUDOLPH:  “She thinks I’m cuuuuuuute!”

NARRATOR:  “But it still was not who Sparkles was expecting.  Still, she showed kindness to her visitor, by serving her some cake.”

SPARKLES gives RUDOLPH some cake.

SPARKLES:  “I hope you enjoy some of my delicious cake!”

RUDOLPH looks outwards, and opens mouth.

CUE SOUND EFFECT:  BURP

NARRATOR:  “And Rudolph went on his way.”

RUDOLPH:  “Thanks for the cake.  Got to fly!”

RUDOLPH disappears.

CUE TRACK:  SAD

NARRATOR: “And Sparkles was left all alone.  And sad.”

SPARKLES sighs.

NARRATOR:  “Soon it grew dark.”

CUT TO SHOT OF MADISON shutting off lightswitch.

LIGHTS grow dim again.

NARRATOR:  “And Sparkles was wondering what happened.  Did she miss God?  She waited all day for Him to show up, so what is going on?”

SPARKLES: “What is going on?”

FLASHLIGHT shines down on SPARKLES

CUE TRACK:  WONDER

VOICE:  “Hello Sparkles!”

SPARKLES:  “Who said that?”

VOICE:  “Ummm…. Me?  Why are you so sad, Sparkles?”

SPARKLES:  “I was thinking you were going to show up today, so I made this great cake and had everything prepared and I was going to play music and release balloons and invite a dancing clown over and…”

VOICE:  “Sparkles?”

SPARKLES:  “Yes?”

VOICE:  “I was there.”

SPARKLES:  “No you weren’t.”

VOICE:  “Was too.”

SPARKLES:  “Was not.”

VOICE:  “Was too infinity.”

SPARKLES:  “Okay, where were you?  I looked everywhere – were you hiding behind the mixing bowl?”

VOICE: “No.”

SPARKLES:  “The flower pots?”

VOICE: “No.”

SPARKLES:  “The subatomic particulator?”

VOICE: “ No, Sparkles.  I was actually visiting three times today.  And each time, you fed me, and took care of me.”

SPARKLES:  “When did I do that?”

VOICE: “Three friends showed up today, and you took care of them.  And whatever you’ve done for those that need help… you’ve done for me.”

NARRATOR:  “Suddenly, Sparkles understood.”

SPARKLES nods pleasantly, slowly.

VOICE:  “Well done, my good and faithful servant.”

SPARKLES: “ My pleasure!”

CUE SLIDE:  MATTHEW 25:40

NARRATOR: “What I’m about to tell you is true.  Anything you did for oen of the least important of these brothers of mine, you did it for me.”

SPARKLES pops in front of slide.

SPARKLES:  “The end!”

NARRATOR:  “I… I was going to say that.” 


Hopefully we'll have it all edited by the end of the week - we'll see.  

Right around noon, Mommy had cooked up for five of us an epic Mexican feast, with tacos and chips and more.  Everyone ate and ate and ate, as outside, the rain poured down.  Yes, more rain.  But on a Saturday afternoon with full tummies, you can imagine it was difficult to not take a little nap:


No comments:

Post a Comment