Tuesday, November 17, 2020

Life Day 2020


Nana borrowed my Wookie Christmas hat tonight for a short span.  It's pretty warm, actually!  It was a cold night as we got back, and given the fact that today was Life Day, I got my Wookie pajamas on, and the Wookie hat too.  It was too much for Nana, who cracked up at the very sight of me all dressed up like that.  All I need is a pair of Wookie slippers, and I think I'm good to go!

We watched the new LEGO Christmas holiday special tonight, and it had a quite a few funny moments in it.  Madison and I enjoyed it the most, I suspect.  Although in Nana's defense, she's not exactly a Star Wars nerd!  One thing I got to wear today was a new Star Wars tie, one that I got from Ye-Ye and Nana just in time for Life Day.  I've got three Star Wars ties now, suddenly a small collection.  

I wore it to taekwondo tonight to watch Madison do a tremendous high kick to a poor boy's head.  He had a helmet on, but the point is that Madison is pretty good with taekwondo currently.  Not long until her next testing, and then one final test in March.  It'll be here before you know it.  Nana and Mom were along for the trip today, looking through the window as Madison sparred, exercised, and practiced a good bit of her form.  She's looking great!

It goes without saying that we continued our Star Wars themed book tonight.  Nothing in there about Life Day, but we're almost done with this adventure, and almost done with the short two-book series about the Hand of Judgment and Mara Jade.  They've been good books, this one super fun because of the presence of Thrawn.

We said our prayers tonight, this after Madison completed her math homework.  Due to a slight misunderstanding, she did her assignment wrong, and went back to redo all of it correctly.  She's diligent, and working hard in all her classes.  Today she got another big summative grade in Science, where her total average is 101.88.  That's insane.

We went to bed tonight, and slept well.  It was a good day at work, and a nice day at home.  We're tired though, all of us, so it'll be a nice sleep tonight under those warm blankets!

No comments:

Post a Comment