Friday, January 5, 2024

Internship Badge

Maddie got her student internship badge today, and she's excited and ready to go back to school!  For clarification, this means going back as an assistant to a familiar face back at Chestatee Elementary School.  Her early childhood education class is taking her back to her elementary school again, and it's going to be fun for all the students - like the others, she's nervous and pretty thrilled to head back again.  She'll be in her element!


Our fasting starts soon, which means a substantial dietary change, which means some new options that Mom is already planning.  We so desperately need this dietary change, of course, as December and November's eating habits have been abysmal!  But we're excited about returning to "The Chosen" again, and other similar themed programming.  Maddie's staying away from sweets, and I'm keeping away from meats and sweets.  As always, we're a little nervous going into this thing, but it's going to be great.  We're digging into scriptures more than we've ever done before - I've been enjoying this new Bible I just picked up.  For example, I'm actually going to be reading "Obediah" again soon, as I have to admit that at this point, I don't have a clue what the book of "Obediah" is about.  I just read a bit about Obediah from the commentary Bible I'm in now, a heads up about what will become of the descendants of Essau.  Apparently it's not good!


Anyway, the skit was finished today, and I'm pretty good with it.  We'll have five actors setting up a story on stage, one that should be fun for the next few months.  No props or anything dramatic for setting up, so we'll have an easier time on Saturday, I think.


My iFit journey continues, and I'm on this treadmill every day.  I'm earning the latest badge with walking, although I've started a half-marathon in Smoky Mountain National Park, which basically amounts to running a little over a half-hour a day.  Gearing up for the 5K on Castaway!



"Well, we hold on to regret, we stay in the past. What matters, I guess, is...is what we do now."

We closed out the day with Jurassic Park:  Dominion.  We all love this movie.  Yes, it's not the masterpiece that "Jurassic Park" is.  But it's so great to see everyone together again, and some of these dinosaurs are pretty awesome, and a few of these action sequences are pretty well put together.  Anyway, it's been a great week for dinosaurs, one that started out with that visit to the exhibition.  We'll continue with the original trilogy as we move forward - it seems we just have to ride this one out!


Tonight we were reading from "I Shall Wear Midnight," which we're approaching the end of.  There are a few things left to deal with, including the defeat of the Cunning Man.  But it's great to see the full cast of characters from other books making an appearance to help.  We read tonight, said our prayers, moved the plush entourage down the hall and went to bed afterwards, a little smile on our faces because we knew we could sleep in tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment