Thursday, November 4, 2021

Braves Newspaper


We got our newspaper today, and when I say "we," I mean a few others who were also looking out for it.  Ironically, this might be the first newspaper I bought from these folks since 1995.  I still have those other newspapers from the last World Series, so I'll have to get them all together in one big stack.  This was just one special edition that came out in honor of the World Series champs.  


You'd think I would have more "papes," given that Maddie really likes the musical "Newsies."  But if I bought more papers, I'd be supporting these big wigs that have been so abusive of the paperboys.  So I've kept away from buying and papes all these years, at least until tonight.


It was a rainy day, and a cold rainy day at that.  It was the kind of day where your toes get cold and for some reason they refuse to warm up, despite your best efforts.  We had some hot tea today at the office, as a way to warm up, as our office is usually an amazingly cold experience.  


Tonight was taekwondo for Maddie, and after that we were watching another Christmas movie.  We've been watching one a night since the beginning of November, and some new ones too.  I finished up the Star Wars tree, and the idea is to get the next tree finished up this weekend.  The Star Wars tree looks great right now, although I'm wanting to get another ornament or two hopefully.  I was listening to some Christmas records on vinyl while I was putting ornaments on the tree - Mom had been at a thrift shop and picked up a few new Christmas records for the collection.  She was out shopping for costuming for our Neverland characters, all this while we were writing for the series and doing the graphics and so on.  We're also still looking for different parts of the Christmas production upcoming as well.  Lots going on.


We read tonight, and we prayed too.  We're taking things one day at a time!


No comments:

Post a Comment