Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Get Lost!


Today is Sesame Street Day, which I celebrated with my usual small group game creation for tonight's small group.  I had fun diving into Sesame Street again.  In fact, I was listening to a vinyl Sesame Street Christmas record that I adore, and then even taking time to watch this episode pictured above, that I've never seen before.  Yes, it's something new that I don't remember from Star Wars.  Okay, it's old.  Like, 1970's old.  But it was new to me, and it was great watching R2-D2 and C-3PO wander up and down Sesame Street looking to deliver a message.  And I love that the message is for Oscar the Grouch of all muppets.  This secret message came from outer space from a Grouch named Lothar.  The message traveled billions of miles, and was delivered by important and busy members of the galactic rebellion.  So you know it has to be important.  With such a build-up, here's the message:  "GET LOST!"  



I love this so much.  I can't imagine that being the message these days, given that it's such a sensitive new generation.  If this same storyline were to happen today, I think it'd be a special message for Elmo, and it would be something sweet like, "I love you!"  But special props to Sesame Street back then, for Oscar the Grouch staying in character, and a pretty fun punchline.  Get lost!


Maddie's small group tonight was really small.  She was literally the only one online, this due to some fluke scheduling conflicts by all the others.  Nevertheless, Camille hosted again, and it was just her and Maddie spending about a forty-five minutes talking about various topics.  Camille was great to host this anyway, knowing ahead of time it was just Maddie.  Maddie was really looking forward to a break tonight from the rehearsals and knew tonight would be fun.  


It was a good day, but again busy.  We're working towards this production in December, and the calendar is filling up fast.  We're also planning the next Office Thanksgiving, and I'm happy to report that Maddie will be able to make this one.  There are other events coming up super soon too.


We still made time to read from this seventh Kingdom Keepers book, and we said our prayers after that.  Maddie was somewhat concerned that Finn Whitman was killed in tonight's reading, but that concern quickly passed.  There's no way that could actually happen, right?  I mean, could it?


Anyway, it was a busy day, but now it's time to head to bed.  Quoting the great Lothar the Grouch, "Get Lost!"


No comments:

Post a Comment