Monday, August 24, 2026

International Waffle Day

 


Today is International Waffle Day, so yes, we had to celebrate.  It was rather last-minute, but we did have these protein waffles available, and they're pretty yummy.  Mom and I had waffles for dinner tonight, and no regrets whatsoever!

Maddie was at college this morning, and taekwondo later on today too - so it's been a busy day for her.  I was out getting groceries, and doing more book work for our October series.  It should be a good booklet, I think.  

I did get my walking in, and that's been fun lately.  Tomorrow I'm doing a virtual walk towards Trout Lake in Yellowstone.  I've sort of been seeing all the trails, big and small, crowded and desolate, grand and off-the-radar.  They're all good as I march along.  And check out the soap I get to use afterwards in the shower:



That's right.  Venom's very own soap.  It's Symbiotic Plunge, and each time I use it I'm afraid I'm in danger of being taken over by some sort of symbiotic alien.  On the plus side, I might develop superpowers, so there's that.  But yeah, it's a great scented soap.  Makes me want to go watch the "Venom" trilogy of movies.


But not tonight:  tonight Maddie was all about "The LEGO Movie," this after our adventures Sunday at the Brick Fan Event.  Not only did we watch that movie (which is still really great, by the way), we also saw an episode of "LEGO Master Builders" for the first time, and it's something we might be watching more of in the days to come - it was a cool show!


Okay, tonight we closed things out with more reading from "Soul Music," and then it was time for prayers... and a good night's rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment