\
It was a quiet Saturday today - we've got a couple hummingbirds that rely on our generosity on the back porch, and that's sweet. It's nice watching them flit in and out, and they really do just sit there a lot, perched on the railing there for long periods of reflection.
We didn't go anywhere except for taekwondo this morning. Maddie will be back to driving in time, but for now we're waiting on the insurance process to kick in there. She's impatient as always to get back on the road, and that's good to see that the accident didn't put her in a fearful frame of mind. It probably added more caution, and that's not a bad thing. But not necessarily fear.
It's super hot outside, too hot do actually do anything out there. The Braves got blown away by the Diamondbacks today, but we were also working a bit towards tomorrow's service at KidPak. Mom got a few things together there for costuming, and there was still a bit of work to do with writing and graphics.
I spent a good amount of time cleaning the basement up a bit, and Mom is bringing up fall decor, ready to get things shifted in that direction. It won't be long now. But meanwhile, I'm also in the basement, moving along on the treadmill virtually:
Here's another post card from Yellowstone. I've been watching so many of these POV hikes through Yellowstone, going on classic trails I know all about, seeing the thermal features I've seen before or waterfalls I've got to see in person. But there's a lot of new things to see too, or at least new to me, and those trails have been fun to visit. I just slap on the headphones and watch the screen, walking along like I'm there. I certainly miss all that, but in a way it might be good to be left in my memory. It seems like there are just too many people there now. Too many people in Disney World too. I'm part of a generation that got to go find a camping spot at Yellowstone the day we arrived - I remember that. No plans, just pop in and grab a spot, and then have fun driving around and visiting places. Nowadays, it sounds like you have to arrange the camping spot months in advance and good luck finding a parking place to some of these park destinations. There are just more of us around here now, more visitors.
Anyway, it's been fun revisiting this park again and getting into the theme. I'm realizing I haven't really shared too many pictures of the actual medals you win for doing these things. I'll get the Yellowstone medal eventually, but recently I received the Mount Rushmore one, and before that the Everest one and so on. I'm nearing ten of these virtual medals, so perhaps that'll be time for a post with a photo of all of them. Currently, they're draped on a small shelf on the treadmill itself. It all started out with the medal for the Castaway Cay 5K. Which should have been called the Cay K, but that's just me.
Moving on! We did read tonight to close out the night, more from "Soul Music." It's been good. We said our prayers after this, and then got some sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment