Moving right along - virtually. This is a neat virtual march through Yellowstone, and I've had a blast going through these POV hike videos through various areas, such as Yellowstone Canyon here. You can see another post card I got, and oh yeah, here's my new photo for this march:
The pose is a bit goofy, but we like Ranger Dave around these parts. Knowledgeable and friendly sort of park ranger, isn't he? When I was young, this was the job I wanted. I'm not entirely sure why I didn't pursue this later on, except perhaps for the reason that I'd be pretty far away from the family, I suppose. But I honestly didn't care what park or monument I worked at, so long as I could wear the uniform and lead up those talks at the campground or whatever the assignment may be. This was all when I was in middle school, by the way. It still seems like a great job, actually. I'm not wearing a uniform on the treadmill, but there are plenty of online POV hikes through the park, and I'm doing the ones that coincide with the virtual path through the park. It's been fun.
This morning we had church, and it was a good service, the yearly walk-through-the-prayer-line service where all the students and adults who work with students are prayed over for the coming year. Maddie took her usual great pictures of service this morning, including these nice pictures of the younger students in the pre-school area.
We got home and it was a relaxing day. Mom harvested more of our lettuce and I brought home a rotisseries - we had a salad with chicken strips and home grown tomatoes, and it was just magnificent. We had the Braves and Yankees game on, and we held on to win this one in extra innings. Yesterday's game featured a controversial game deciding call by an errant umpire who made a terrible call. But they've been exciting games otherwise.
One super cool thing is that BravesVision seasonal subscribers are being offered two free tickets to a Braves game. So Mom and I got our tickets for an upcoming game, and yes, that'll be only the second time we've been to Truist Park. We'll go again, maybe this season too.
Tonight's feature was "The Thunderbolts," which was better to watch the second time around. It's actually a pretty good movie with a great underlying theme and story there. And after that... it was time for some sleep. We read first, of course, learning about Susan and her slow realization that she has a very famous - or infamous - grandfather, the kind that ONLY SPEAKS IN CAPITAL LETTERS.
We said our prayers after that, and then it was time for sleep. Tomorrow's a big day!

No comments:
Post a Comment