Sunday, August 23, 2026

THE Big Fat Panda

 

I've got the ridiculous panda suit on again, and it's super fun!  This morning we continued our "Path of the Warrior" series, and Mom had the idea of me wearing this inflatable panda suit again.  It got some big laughs and excitement.  It was a good morning today at KidPak, and Maddie got some really excellent pictures as always, also taking pictures of the younger ones down at KidPak Discovery.  Here are just a few of the pictures of our service that Maddie took this morning.









Super morning, and a relaxing afternoon that followed.  One really fun thing that happened this morning was outside of service, but one of our friends from KidPak gave me something because he was thinking of me, and it was more meaningful than he actually realized.  A few weeks ago, BravesVision offered us some tickets to go see a game, and I picked a day where we could get a bobblehead doll of Javy Lopez if we arrived early enough.  I got the parking garage tickets all set up and we were ready to go until... Mom wasn't well enough to go.  And I wasn't going to go by myself.  So I gave the tickets to our nephew, and he had a great time, although I don't think he got there in time to get a bobblehead.  So I was bummed about that.  But lo and behold, God was looking out for me here with this minor little thing:  our friend went to that game the other night, part of a business-related perk, and he even got the bobblehead doll.  He doesn't collect these, and so he began to think about who to give it to... so yes!  I got my Javy Lopez bobblehead doll after all!  Super, super cool!

So the rest of the afternoon was a bit of relaxing.  I'm still marching along virtually through Yellowstone walking by the Firehole River area now.  The POV hiking videos have been so great to watch as I'm on this treadmill.  Today I was walking a trail to Mystic Falls, but there are so many other trails to wander along.  

Maddie's been doing homework, something that's on the increase lately of course.  We did go and take a break though, heading over to Dairy Queen and using our BOGO card yet again to get a couple of Blizzards.


The Braves won their game today against the Brewers at a little league field in front of a lot of those young players, and it was a really neat thing to hear... we were listening to that while I was working on the next LEGO project in the dining room.  Tonight's movie was the third Men in Black movie, which we like a lot - actually, all three are pretty fun, and a definite tradition each year.

We read tonight before bed, moving along with "Soul Music," where the band is coming together to play for a huge crowd in this massive cavern.  Susan is visiting to see what's going on here, because technically, the lead singer and guitarist should be dead by now!  We'll see what happens next as we move along.

The evening was closed out with prayers, and getting all those members of the Plush Entourage down the hall and safely in bed.  Mom and I did a few puzzles before bedtime, and she was actually doing some shopping online.  But now... it's time for some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment