Sunday, August 16, 2026

Belt Consultant

We had a really fun morning this morning with a bit of a martial arts-themed skit at KidPak.  It's our "Path of the Warrior" series, pretty much the same thing as our "Kung Pow" series we did some time ago.  In the spirit of things, we watched a few episodes of "Kickin' It," and we got all the cast members their gi uniforms (with white belts).  Maddie, our BELT CONSULTANT, was on hand to make sure that everyone's martial arts belt was tied correctly.  As for the skit, it was super fun.  Maddie got some good pictures this morning not only for that, but also the worship and the message today about obedience.  She also got some great pictures from KP Discovery too, with the little ones down there.  












We went home after this, although we did a little bit of grocery shopping as well.  We picked up some taco shells, some milk, and went ahead and got these amazing seasonal friends!








The Monster Cereals are back!  And it's super cool that they are back as Muppets again, and this time with a cut-out design so that you can create your very own Count Chocula, Frankenberry and Booberry puppets.  Yes, this is what I'll be doing this season.  Absolutely.  And have I already eaten a bowl of Count Chocula?  Absolutely!


We got home and watched the Braves win a game with Matt Olson's ridiculous home run towards the end.  I got my walking in, more along the virtual path in Yellowstone.  There are so many POV hiking trail videos from that park, and I'm getting them all in as I walk - along with this one Disney special from a long time ago about a mother bear and her two cubs, who get separated and get into a bit of mischief at the park.  It's so dated, and I couldn't believe some of the stuff that was going on with people feeding the bears.  But it's been fun.


 Tonight's movie was "Interstellar," a super long movie, and one of those raises all kinds of questions - we hadn't seen it yet, and it's a long one.  We got upstairs pretty quick afterwards, said our prayers, and got some sleep.



...

No comments:

Post a Comment