So we're working on this one message about the book of Amos. And I'm glad this one came around - I read Amos and developed a decent message with help from God of course. The fun part were these activities in the book that were centered around Amos. I'm not kidding: every single one involves chocolate chip cookies. We don't mention "Famous Amos" by name anywhere, but for some reason there are chocolate chip cookies all over this part of the book because there's a cookie brand called "Famous Amos." So we just sort of had fun with that.
Compared to yesterday, it was a quiet day. We saw the Braves win tonight, and it was great to see them challenging some of these bad calls by the umpire. Enough's enough, right? Anyway, it was a solid win versus those Mets, the bums!
We read some more from the Discworld novel "Soul Music" tonight, continuing with the adventures of Susan Sto Helit, although I think we're going backwards a bit as we've read "Hogfather" a few times thus far, and in this book Susan is just starting to remember all her associations with her family. Regardless, it's been fun reading about her journey until now - although she is tasked with visiting someone with a familiar name soon, and we'll have to see how that goes. Ulp!
Okay, time for some rest. Tomorrow Maddie's back in school. We said our prayers, and got some sleep.

No comments:
Post a Comment