Wednesday, March 29, 2023

FCY United Night 2023

 


FCY United Night was here again, which is a gathering of the Georgia campuses to the Gainesville location, where Maddie immediately met up with some friends from Braselton - and from taekwondo too.  




There were over 700 students there, and everyone was here for the rides, prizes, games, worship, and of course Maddie was no way on earth going to miss hearing from Uncle Reggie!


She wore her Forward shirt from last year, the one he signed for her backstage after all was said and done.  It was a really great night indoors and a great service.  It was going so well that the students didn't leave until much, much later than planned.  

Outside, Maddie was going on rides with friends, eating slushies, and at the very end, she was doing that target shooting game with me a few times, and yes, of course I won.  I won fifty percent of the time I played tonight, me against fifteen other players there.  I'm just a trick shot with that thing.  Anyway, the first time I did it, I was sitting next to a mom and her infant, so I was glad to let them pick a prize.  The last time, the last round of the night, I was next to Maddie and I won.  So I let Maddie pick a plush animal - she picked a cow that on the way home, we named Chaz Remington.  Rather formal name, isn't it?

Anyway, it was a fun night.  We're super busy with Easter, and there's this business with the car too.  We're enjoying the car rental though!

Tonight we had time to read - that's about it.  We'll catch up on television shows tomorrow.  But joining the plush entourage was Chaz Remington, reading to hear another story from the Discworld, which we're moving on with one page at a time.  We said our prayers together afterwards, and yeah, it was a late night - we got to bed quickly!

No comments:

Post a Comment