Thursday, March 2, 2023

Bruce K. Tedesco and the Zillo Beast

Camille's husband shared with us this video where the reading of the Hall of Presidents has been dubbed over - it's an old video, but I've never seen it before, and it's hilarious.  It's just a list of random names for all of them, none of them in actuality the real name, except for George Washington.  But it's been a funny thing throughout the day, all of us calling out random names from the list.  Half of the office doesn't get it, and I don't blame them.  I have no idea why this is so funny. 


Anyway, it's Thursday.  We didn't go to taekwondo tonight, so Maddie could spend a little more time with Uncle George.  Mom and I put together a meal with rotisserie chicken and all kinds of side dishes.  We watched the latest episode of "The Bad Batch," which was astounding.  It addressed a hanging plot line that Clone Wars nerds have been wondering about since April of 2010.  Yes, that's nearly thirteen years ago.  Maddie was four.  That's how long we've been wondering about the Zillo Beast.


Maddie still had a good bit of homework to do, so it was a pretty chill sort of night together.  We're still writing various things, including this hidden project, a stage production about the story of Esther.  We've been really diving into the story of Esther lately.  And that's cool, because Purim is just around the corner.


I got a text with some pictures Maddie's been drawing lately, one of which being that of Wendy from Peter Pan.  I had to differentiate that Wendy from another one, because when Maddie was getting ready for school this morning, she put on some clothing that reminded herself of Wendy from Gravity Falls.  We'll have to get her one of those hats now.  As for the picture, it was really nice.  "Come with me, and we'll never have to worry about grown-up things again."  That would be nice.  Perhaps that's why I myself am still with KidPak for so long.



She's remembering the 2003 Peter Pan movie (it just dawned on me that that Peter Pan movie is twenty years old already), and maybe we'll have to go back and watch that again soon.  She was talking about her love of Neverland, and goodness, we spent so long there with books and our KidPak series and movies and visits to Disney too.  It's a great place to be.  


And so's the Discworld, which we read about tonight.  We're pushing forward through with the book "Faust Eric," which is getting some laughs of course.  The Luggage has a great role in the book, and throughout the history of the Discworld now, as documented in this book.  It's been fun to read.  I imagine we'll close out the Rincewind books next with "The Last Continent."  I dunno.  It's been fun reading lately.


We read from our devotional too, and we said our prayers tonight.  It was a decent day, although I've got a bit of writer's block about our Guitar Hero themed message this weekend.  The message portion is fantastic, a great word about worship and it's really well-tied together to the game itself.  Solid worship message.  But the skit portion I'm somewhat struggling with.  I went down to the basement and I found my  Guitar Hero guitar, still perfectly intact in its box.  Maybe we'll play a few rounds of the game to get some inspiration for a skit. Or maybe we'll do something left field... we'll find out soon, because I'm late on writing this one.  So is Camille, so it's good to see it's not just me!  At least the other writing areas are coming along well, including the baseball ads.  And I've been helping a lot with the KPTV material for online videos, which have been fun this series.  


Anyway, it was a good day today.  We said our prayers, and we were off to sleep tonight pretty quickly.  


No comments:

Post a Comment