Friday, March 3, 2023

Fast Storm

Tonight I brought a Shamrock Shake back to Maddie after her taekwondo class, and it was nice for a little bit... but we got to thinking, it wasn't that nice, and then we started wondering why it wasn't as nice, and then we realized that in fact, Mom makes them much, much better.  Nevertheless, we still drank it down for the sake of tradition, as no self-respecting Irish family would not drink a Shamrock Shake if it was in front of them.  Maybe next time we'll try it with the Oreo bits inside it.


So yes, Maddie had taekwondo tonight, and it was fun.  It involved a bit of last minute preparation for the testing that comes up on Monday, but the big event of the night was the passing storm front that was going  - no exaggeration - sixty-five miles an hour across the state.  It was this solid line of heavy rain and wind, and it just pummeled the whole state so rapidly for about fifteen minutes or so and then it was completely gone afterwards.  It was loud, and we lost a few trees here and there in the county, but further north there was more significant damage.  We just got pretty wet - again.  Another result was a great deal of tree blossoms fallen to the ground.  These trees are so confused now.  Just wait until next week when it starts getting freezing cold again - no joke!


During the storm, I was able to write up our Guitar Hero skit, and it turned out pretty decent I think.  I know it will be simple to do, and that may be what is needed Sunday morning with new costuming and so forth.  I'm just glad it's done.  Sometimes this writing process can be so stressful!  There are occasional brain blocks on creativity, and I was super happy to see Camille suffering with it simultaneously, if only because it made me feel not so alone with this condition.  Writing can be a very difficult thing sometimes, in a specific direction.  Other directions, I'm doing well with, for example the writing for our major league Hall of Fame guy.  I spit out four of those pretty easily and I think they came out pretty well.  I leave out certain parts for now until the ad shows up on the radio.


Tomahawk Chant 

 

Hi  I'm _________, Hall of Fame pitcher for the World Champion Atlanta Braves. 
Each time I walked off that pitcher’s mound, I wanted to walk away a winner, and I know just the place you can feel that too, and it’s _________.

 

Everyone wants satisfaction along with exceptional customer service, and when you visit with  _________, I happen to know they’re going to treat you like a real hall of famer.  

 

Whether you visit with them in person, or online at  _________ Dot Com, I know that this veteran team is fully committed to providing a world class experience just for you.  

In other words,  __________ knows what it takes to make you a real winner.  Just like your Atlanta Braves!

 

Lake Hartwell Chevrolet Big A Road

Down town Toccoa


So tonight when we got home, we had the option of what to watch, and we saw something that's been out a few years but hadn't seen yet.  It was on one of our streaming services, so we thought we'd check it out.  We watched "Doolittle" tonight, a new movie from 2020 with all kinds of CGI and fun.  The movie itself was okay - I don't think we'd watch it again.  But it wasn't bad either.  I think the old movie with Rex Harrison was probably better, actually.  I may have to go back and watch that one again.  And I just now remembered there were those Eddie Murphy movies too - I don't think Maddie has seen those!


So it's March, and we're listening to our typical Irish music of course, both on vinyl and in the car too, with "Riverdance" playing and toes tapping.  I brought up a few of our Irish movies, but we may or may not get to them this year - it's a busy season right now.  We're getting Easter together and that's causing Mom a lot of stress with some last-minute challenges with costuming.  Mom isn't the "last-minute" part, just to be clear.  Anyway, that's going on and a host of other things, so it's going to be a big season up until Easter.  And then after that is Summer Xtreme and Forward, so there's that too... anyway, I'm trying not to think about that.  Instead, I'm thinking of a cruise.  Mom is pressing forward so we can get passports and maybe get on a boat and go somewhere this summer.  That's right, a real vacation!


Tonight we read of course, both from the video game themed devotional and from "Faust Eric," which has us going back into a little Discworld history.  It's a fun book!  We said our prayers, and soon after that it was in fact time for sleep! 


No comments:

Post a Comment