Wednesday, March 22, 2023

Boomshakalaka!


Tonight we had a return to "March Madness" at FCY, and they asked me to help by being a guest host to watch and comment on the proceedings.
 

I was not a judge, but I was looking up some of the quotes from NBA Jam, an old basketball game from my generation, the very one that originated the word:  "Boomshakalaka!"  I got to do some of that tonight, and it was pretty fun.  There was also an ice cream truck - Maddie got her traditional Spiderman ice cream, while I went with a chocolate cream bar that was delicious and get this - they had pineapple pizza there.  Yes, I love pineapple pizza.  I'm one of those people.

Anyway, Maddie had a great time tonight, watching the festivities.  There was a three-point contest, and after that a few words from Pastor Hamilton, and after that the air show, a slam dunk competition.  It was not quite as high-flying and death defying as last year, but it was super fun.  Maddie stood along the side amongst the cheering crowd, with her friends, and ready go have a bit of fun afterwards.  

It was a nice night, of course.  We got home, and Maddie decided right there and then that yes, we have time for the latest "Bad Batch" episode, which had some pretty intense bits to it.  It's been a great show, and we really are hoping for the redemption of Crosshair. 


Maddie and I are big fans of Crosshair.  Maddie was talking about her hope for his return to the group, and I think that's one of the central hopes of all "Bad Batch" fans.  It's been a good show, now in these recent episodes really upping the stakes and getting fairly dark and intense in parts.  Down with the Empire!

We said our prayers tonight and we read from teh Discworld too, still Down Under on the Lost Continent of XXXX.  It was a geek kind of night.  I'm raising a complete geek.  We'll have to do some taekwondo tomorrow to build up some of her athlete cred!  

Anyway, it was a good night.  The slam dunks were fun to watch, and the weather straightened up just in time.  It was a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment