Monday, December 12, 2022

Second Degree Recommended


We start out with pizza, and that's not a bad idea.  Jingle and Snowflake are dressed up as pizza, and there's even a candy pizza there to eat.  Lots of candy this year!

So tonight was the first rehearsal for the Christmas Production, but that wasn't as big a deal as Maddie's taekwondo testing.  She is getting closer and closer to her second degree black belt, and tonight's testing earned her a patch, which basically means she's a recommended Second Degree black belt.  She's just got a few more testing cycles to go, and she's there.  Unfortunately, I couldn't see the testing, and I don't think there are any pictures or video of it.  We had our Christmas Production rehearsals, and just couldn't be there for the testing.  But I've been watching her at all her practices up until this point, and from seeing the reaction of her instructors, I could tell this wasn't going to be as much of a challenge for her.  She did really well, and we're super proud of her!  This was in fact the first testing that I've ever missed, and of course there's no way I'm going to miss that second degree black belt testing day.  



She got a ride to us at the church with some others that go to Free Chapel.  A lot of the students there actually go to Free Chapel, although some go to the Braselton campus, which is closer for many of them.  Mrs. Donna is the grandmother of the group here, but also helping direct our production, and also of course the lady who owns the soap making place that Mom visited a few weeks ago.  The Armstrong family is a blessing - they gave Maddie a ride to church, and of course she hung out there until we could get home after practice.


We said our prayers, and went straight to bed.  It was a late night.  Here's what Maddie thought of the day:


Maddie's pov:
In art class today, we were working on our clay mugs. We had started like last Thursday, but it's fun. I'm really liking where my mug going. I was starting to make the handle to the mug, but I wasn't able to finish it today.


Later was taekwondo. Today I was testing for my second degree recommended which means that I have two more testings until I get my second degree black belt. We sparred, and I got to spar Mia and Kaylee. We did board breaks right after that, and most of us broke one board in one and another in two. Kaylee, Logan, and Mr.Gunderson were the only ones to break all of their boards in one try. After board breaks, we did our forms. Kaylee got her second degree black belt and everyone who tested for a midterm got their midterm. I got my second degree recommended, which is a patch.


No comments:

Post a Comment