Friday, December 16, 2022

Edgestravaganza And A Christmas Play


Maddie was greeted with a cotton candy headed ninny muggins, with some cotton candy and even some cotton candy soda to try out later.  It was finally the first day of our Christmas Production and more.  We'll start with the production.









These are largely pictures of just some of my participation in it this year - I got to be a Wise Man!  This was always on my list of things to do, and I was glad to finally wear that little crown and wander with my two other Wise Men up the aisle.  This time, however, not only did we have gifts, but we also had a camel!  Obediah was a big hit, the first time we had a camel in the church.  He even went up there on stage, to everyone's delight, completing the Nativity Scene picture.  The production itself went really well, and everyone was very happy with it after a long season of preparations.  We've got six more productions to go after this, over the next two days.  It's going to be a marathon, and a lot of people are going to be here.  It should be super fun.

As this is all I really knew today, the rest of this entry is written by Maddie, who had a great night at Edgestravaganza!


Maddie’s pov:

Okay so to start out with, I went to school with my pj’s cause honestly it’s midterm day #2 and I just want to be comfy. I had my ap world midterm and my Spanish 3 midterm today. Honestly, I can’t wait for midterms to be over with. Today was also an early release day, so yay to that.


When got home, I had some food then had to go to Edge like 3 hours before practice started since my parents are in the Christmas production and couldn’t drop me off later. I even got there before the after schoolers, which surprised me since I thought they’d be there by 2 instead of 3. I had helped out with organizing the weapons then after after school. The after schoolers were so crazy like I don’t wanna ever help them ever again lol. I had the patience and all, but still. I’m chill with younger kids or maybe some older kids but jeez lol. I helped with a hula hoop version of four corners which basically was instead of 4 corners, it’s four different hula hoop colors. There were a lot of hula hoops and A LOT of after schoolers. The only reason why I was helping them was because Mrs.Hardin was like “imma save my voice Maddie you do it” which was fine since she was the main lead but like I was like “jeez yeah no I understand now how do y’all do this” cause like so much more energy is needed for these kids.


Eventually it was time to practice since all of demo team was here by 4:45 and so we did our routine about 2 times before the actual event. I literally kept dropping my Bo staff in the toss part and idk why cause I was doing it like normal and my nerves weren’t getting to me. *spoiler alert, I redeemed myself during the actual performance*. Anyway, the people doing the black belt ceremony also practiced it and there were 18  people doing the black belt ceremony, which was like triple (at least double) the amount of people last year who did it. Mia and I remember last year when we did it, it was just one row, not three full ones.


Around 6:06, we started Edgestravaganza. Santa came banging at our door before demo team performed, and I was like “omg Santa is on the other side of the door hahahaha” as Mrs.Edge was like “oh who could that be” and opens it to reveal its Santa. Honestly, I didn’t expect that to happen which made it so funny. Master Edge was like “now if any of y’all demo team people hit Santa, y'all gonna be in trouble lol” and I just looked at Chloe and was like “oh I’m so gonna be that person that does”, but I wasn’t luckily. No one hit him.


We performed, I didn’t drop my Bo staff! Mrs.Hardin and Estavon did tho and like I felt so bad cause they’ve been doing so good and I know the feeling of that in some sort of way. Overall, everything was basically perfect. Everyone did amazing regardless of anything.



After the demo team performance, there was a little award ceremony for people who have been doing taekwondo with the Edges 5+ years, growth, and dedication which was cool. Chloe had done taekwondo for 10 years with them and when they called her up, she started crying and it was so sweet. Then on top of that, she got a dedication award for always trying her best. It was sweet. Chris Duong also got an award for dedication since has to drive (well his mom) 2 hours to get here now. A few months ago, he had moved to somewhere near/in Atlanta to go to a (private?) school there.


There was the black belt ceremony which is always cool to see. Kaylee got her second degree black belt there and some others got their first degrees there. This is the last black belt ceremony with us being in ATA before we go to GTMA.


Finally, it was time to get food. I had a tamale, some buffalo chicken wings, water, and some other foods. I hung out with Mia, Brenleigh, Caiden, and their siblings for about half of the time then I went to Kaylee, Chloe, Brayden, and Chris. I enjoyed hanging out with them, it’s always nice to hangout with my friend there.


Me just taking bad pics of them. Kaylee is like. “Hmm?” And Chloe is like “uh why are you doing this” and Chris looks like she’s about to interview someone

Kaylee about to die, Chloe looks like she doesn’t wanna be here (she does wanna be here) and Chris is like “ok it’s not what it seems like”

Me trying to take a selfie with my friends. Chloe’s fave, Kaylee’s clueless look, and Chris’s hand lol

0.5 pic attempt

Chloe is like “yawn whatever” Chris is like “bro”

Pic attempt minus Chris 

Another 0.5

And another

The moment before Chris stole bother Chloe’s and my phone cause we were trying to get a 0.5 pic of him

Chloe 0.5 again

Selfie (Kaylee is like “Chloe you okay?” And Chloe is like “well idk what’s going on”)


There was a gingerbread contest and an ugly sweater contest (kids section and then adults section). To end the night, Master Edge read “‘Twas The Night Before Christmas” but Edge ata version which is always fun.


Kaylee and her mom took me to the church so I could go home with my parents. It was a pretty good day honestly.


No comments:

Post a Comment