Sunday, August 28, 2022

The Resourceful Cobblers


Maddie was in the skit as always this morning, but this morning there were no lines for her.  Someone actually recorded the early morning skit, which in this case was a bit more raw - there was a missed line or two.  But overall it was pretty fun and the kids were engaged with it.  Anyway, we just received the recording on the phone, and I thought I'd post it here. 



It was a good morning overall, a morning we dedicated to the virtue of resourcefulness.  We were sharing a story of David just before he went to fight against Goliath.  We had some amazing videos, and things just seem to be going really well lately.  


For some reason, I'm even more excited about the next series.  Seriously, I got home and had some wind beneath my wings there as I was working on the back deck, getting the booklet done for the next series.  We're returning to "The Quest," and I can't wait to put on my old fedora I got from Mom.  To get into the spirit of the thing - still over a month away, by the way - we watched "Raiders of the Lost Ark" tonight, and I just love that movie.  Maybe one of the greatest action movies ever?  It's amazing.  And I love all four of those movies.  Yeah, the first is the greatest.  And the fourth gets some grief, and sure it's not as good as the other three.  But it's still super fun to me.  




I can't wait for this next movie.  I know Maddie will be right there with us, getting to the theater super early to see the next Indiana Jones movie.  Until then, we started out our mini-marathon today with the first movie released, and no doubt will be revisiting the rest as we go along.  I might even plug in that LEGO game just because!


So that's what we watched today, but once Maddie got home from church, she was spending the rest of the afternoon - after eating - just stuck inside her AP World History book.  She's been highlighting and writing and writing to the point that her wrist is sore.  The book is already showing some wear-and-tear, already a well-used textbook.  She's not a fan of this class, but she's working hard on it.  


We said our prayers tonight, and we read from our book again.  Compared to yesterday's thrilling chapter with Kate and Milligan versus the Ten Men, this one was quite calm and quiet.  But it's been a great read so far.  We carried the plush menagerie down the hall to get tucked in, and sure enough, we were all in bed soon, ready to get some sleep.  


No comments:

Post a Comment