Sunday, November 5, 2023

Extraordinary Tales






We had another nice morning at KidPak this morning, and it was the last day of our series, "Extraordinary Tales from the Bible," which ended with a visit to Genesis and the story of Noah.  It's been in the air lately, with this month being the traditional month of the event.  Other things have popped up lately to really spell things out, and we're still learning about this story even after all these years when you think you know it all.  You can see we had a matching game up there, and this was somewhat like a game of Memory or Concentration, one where we had to pair up animals.  It's a fun game, and then you can see how we pulled out that Wisenheimer invention to scan kids minds to see what animal they were most like, with some funny answers.  The worship was extended today, and there seems to be a residual presence here at the church, and a residual hunger with the students.  It was good to see - and great to hear them too.  The chorus of praise from kids is unlike any other, so pure and honest.

We got home and picked up some rotisserie chicken on the way there, also getting pizza for later and tots, and some lactose free egg nog.  Yessss!  Love that stuff.  Yeah, we're in the season now!

Speaking of which, we finished up watching the episodes of "The Santa Clauses" and even one episode of "Hawkeye" today - it seems like a lot of television, but Mom wasn't feeling well, so we took it easy the rest of the day.  Or, at least most of us did.  I actually had one big accomplishment today - I did a Turkey Trot!  Yes, I did a 5K on the treadmill this afternoon, and I actually jogged about 85% of it, averaging about 4.8 mph, only dropping down to 4.1 mph right there at the middle.  I did 3.14 miles in about 41 minutes, and that's the progress I'm making - getting quicker.  It's Thanksgiving season, so this was a fun little run amongst a whole lot of other people on the iFit program, running a course somewhere in California amongst costumed turkeys and people of all walks of life.  It was tough at the end, but the guide got me through it all - I thought the finish line was a whole lot closer, and it was one of those deals where I was going to go all the way to the finish line, and my goodness that finish line just kept getting farther and farther away.  Anyway, I did it, and I was exhausting afterwards, but in a good way - my first Turkey Trot.  I'll do a few more of those this month, these 5K races that I'm doing to increase my heart health.

It was a quiet day today in the afternoon, and that's okay.  Mom certainly needed that.  I'm glad she was feeling okay yesterday, in fact.  We got to bed earlier, or at least it seemed like it was later... this Daylight Savings Time stuff is crazy.  Anyway, we read tonight, finishing up "A Hat Full of Sky," and now we're reading to move on to "Wintersmith," the third book in the Tiffany Aching series.  I've never read them in this strict order before, as the Discworld has been more of a read-here and read-there sort of thing.  But we're singularly focused on Tiffany's adventures with the Nac Mac Feegle, and after that, we'll probably visit with DEATH a few more times.  

Anyway, it was a good book.  We read that, and soon after it was time for sleep.  We had a nice day together.  Hopefully Mom will feel better quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment