Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Dentist Tree



See what I did there?  Dentist Tree?  As in "dentistry?"  Anyway, this afternoon Mom had to go to the dentist for a basic cleaning, and I got to sit in the waiting area with the lap top and do a few things.  But they have it decorated very nicely down there at our dentist office, with a big tree, decorations, a real fireplace and a wintery scene on the television screens as Christas music plays.  It was the perfect place to do a bit of writing, which I did - while Mom was getting some cleaning done.  I got finished up with the skit for this Sunday, a nice little cowboy version of the Bible story with Nabal and Abigail and David.  It's all told in rhyme, so it should be pretty fun.  



In other more dramatic news, I finally picked up a long-awaited box of cereal that I've been wanting to get for the past three years or so.  I just never saw it or got around to it, but this year is different:  I got some Cap'n Crunch Christmas Cereal.  I had a bowl today, and of course it doesn't taste much different than your usual Cap'n Crunch, but visually it's got some Christmas shapes in it, and that must have been the big selling point for me!  Christmas cereal?  Yes, of course I'll get that!


We had play practice again last night, and it was extensive.  Only a few left, but the cast is doing well.  There's a squillion details left to cover in a few weeks, from costumes to visuals to props to background music to lighting to child wranglers... it's a bit stressful and yet there are moments during the play that you can just sit back and listen to the cast sing "O Com Let Us Adore Him," and I'm right there with them, and you just get the Christmas spirit for just a few moments.  God's been taking care of us, and we shouldn't worry.  Yet sometimes we put on all that worry.  It'll be okay.


Maddie gets college advertisements in the mail frequently, and that big decision is looming.  Early on you worry about these things and want to get things just right, stressing out about grades, about extracurricular activities and all of that.  But looking back at my own path, of course things were pretty off course and yet here I am where I need to be, doing something pretty specific for God's Kingdom, doing something that I seem to be precisely made to do.  And with that, we relax - or at least I do.  Maddie's footsteps are ordered of the Lord, and there will be prayer and big decisions, but He will never leave her or forsake her as she moves past high school and into college.  She's come close to a decision of what she'd like to do when she graduates from high school, and where she'd like to continue her education.  College Decision Day is coming soon! 


We had to watch at least one holiday themed thing tonight getting home, even though there wasn't much time.  I was insistent on that much.  So we watched "Prep and Landing," and with the Christmas tree and nutcrackers and framed Santa pictures up there, all was nice for a bit there tonight, restful and quiet.  We continued our reading after that, back to the Discworld, and then finally ended the day with prayer.  There's a lot going on lately, a lot of driving to and fro.  Time to get some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment