Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mummy Dearest


The hieroglyphics above are supposed to spell out Madison's name, though I'm not entirely sure if they are accurate based on my past studies of Egyptology. Actually, I've only been studying it recently, as we're going full force into our new series Exodus on Sunday. It's usually a lot of work that goes into a new series, from costumes to set design to video work to the booklets that are written. This one I can say was birthed at our visit to see King Tut last year - I just thought the whole Egyptian look would be neat for a month. Additionally, the story of Exodus was very strong and easy to tell, so I think it'll be a fun month in April.

Q: Where do Pharaohs like to go out to eat?
A: At Pizza Tut.

Meanwhile, at the same time, we labor into the wee hours on costumes and practice for the upcoming Easter production called "AD33," which will be presented in our main sanctuary on Friday, Saturday, and Easter Sunday.


Mommy is worn out already. "No wire hangers!" It's quite a stressful task, and everyone is working into the late hours to put all the pieces of this together. We know it will be good, but it's been a very heavy workload this time around. In fact, we've had very little time to put anything together for an Easter basket, though Daddy has a few ideas. I think that will come later on this week.

Speaking of Easter, we plan to spend a little time Thursday coloring some Easter eggs with Madison - that should be fun. I remember coloring Easter eggs when I was very young, dipping the eggs into different color bowls, and mixing the colors around as well. Our eggs have gotten creative through the years, though I don't know eggs-actly what we'll be doing this year yet. Thursday is just a couple days away!

Madison is well-loved by all at the church. She runs around the sanctuary at play practice, and hugs everyone she sees. She gives high fives and is such a social butterfly! We feel bad this week, because she's been putting in some long hours. Maybe next week we can get back to normal a bit...I hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment