Saturday, January 8, 2022

Weird Apps

We were doing quite a bit of DeSantafication today, taking down those nutcrackers and a few other decorations.  It's an ongoing process that takes a while, so we'll still be taking quite a few things down over the week.  We're also packing quite a bit up downstairs, rearranging things in the basement and removing things too.


Today I got a new watch.  This one will do more than tell the time, and will help monitor my blood pressure and sleep habits too, apparently.  I'm not sure of the details, but I'm getting a watch later on this week, or at least using one we've had.  These will pair together, and I'll join up with the rest of the world by actually owning a phone. 


Maddie already owns a phone, of course.  It's a very useful device for ... games.  And texting.  I'm sure there are other features on phones.  I heard there was this one that helps identify constellations, and of course the map features are super helpful.  And plenty of apps that do things like this:



This app puts your face onto other famous character's faces.  In this video above, Maddie's face is where Kate Bishop's would be, and there's Camille's face - sort of - over Yelena Belova's face.  This is a scene from the recent show "Hawkeye."  Maddie's spent a good bit of time, as have many others, putting their faces over Marvel characters and Star Wars characters lately.  It's funny!  Okay, here's one more.  It's a scene from "Ant-Man" where I'm Scott Lang and Maddie is there too and... well, it's pretty weird!



Anyway, we got the watch.  I can't wait to explore some other apps, and basically catch up with the rest of the world, at least on this.  For a while though, I'll be that old-timer completely confused by technology that's so obvious to everyone else.  At least I know how to use a keyboard faster than anyone else.  


MOVING ON, next we did a little grocery shopping for a rotisserie chicken and more, as this is our last great meat-eating night here.  Tomorrow is the first day of the fast.  We were also shopping for a birthday party coming up, one that Maddie will be going to on Friday.  


I've kept my walking up on the treadmill, which is what I got to when I got home, walking a POV video around St. Louis.  We watched a movie I got for Christmas, "Cruella," which happens to be my favorite new release from last year.  I love the look and the soundtrack of this movie.  We had a big fire raring in the fireplace tonight, as we sat on the couch watching.  


It was somewhat of a quiet day today.  We read tonight, and we got to bed early - tomorrow we've got a big day starting with a big church service in the morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment