Friday, January 14, 2022

Sleepover


Maddie was at her first sleepover tonight, a birthday party for a friend down in Braselton.  It was super fun!  


She had a great time, staying up late, watching movies like "Princess Diaries," making crafts, eating snacks and cake, and doing a whole lot of laughing.






She took those pictures above, obviously.  It was a really fun night for her.  Mom and I were watching "The Happiest Millionaire" for the first time, which is kind of surprising, actually.  It was a decent movie, and I was surprised to see that it was somewhat based on a real person.  Obviously there were some differences between this movie and real life.  For example, I'm fairly certain this guy's household didn't break out into a choreographed song and dance routine from time to time.  Although you never know, right?


The grocery stores are empty, the double whammy of supply issues and an approaching storm.  That's all the talk here, the snow that we may or may not get.  It seems as if forecasters are certain that we'll get something though, and that has everyone excited.  It's been quite some time since we've seen accumulations of snow, and that's got many of us acting like children again.  I remember last Monday asking God if I could build a snowman, and I just felt like yes, that's coming soon.  And so in a couple days, I'm believing for a snowman!  I got a few props from KidPak earlier, some top hats and just in case a pirate hat too.  We'll see which one looks best on the snowman, but my thought was doing a traditional one with a top hat, and maybe even a pipe in its mouth.  I'm not sure why snowman smoke, of course.  It seems harmful to their overall health.


Anyway, it was a good day.  Maddie had a lot of fun.  We said "goodnight" with a few texts on the phone...



...and that was it for the night.  No stories, but we were praying tonight for Nana, and for a few others that are dealing with health issues.  Mom and I are okay at the moment - I suspect we've already gone through a bit earlier and may be immune.  Which is pretty much just as effective as a vaccine, right?  I mean, that used to be the case. 


We were comfy in bed, reading and surfing on our computers, and soon enough... fast asleep.


No comments:

Post a Comment