Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Baby Yoda Face Mask



We did some shopping grocery shopping today, and we donned our masks for the trip.  You can see Madison's new mask here, a gift from her great aunt Rebecca.  Baby Yoda looks great there!  I've got a Marvin the Martian mask myself, and we were out there, shopping for the next week or so.  

That was pretty much it as far as places gone to today.  We spent much of the day at home, writing, reading - and playing piano too.  Madison had her small group meeting tonight, and enjoyed that one.  The message and discussion was about Samson, someone we've been talking about a good bit this week.  It's been a great extensive Bible study for her, and we're glad to have her at church each Wednesday night.  Speaking of which, tonight was the next episode of "Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D."
It had quite an explosive ending, to say the least.  Tensions are building up to this big moment, the end of the entire series that we've been watching for quite some time now, since the first night so long ago.  It's been a great run, and we're getting sentimental about it all actually ending. 

We're actually watching season four simultaneously, running through all those episodes as well, right in the midst of the framework storyline.  Madison is fairly addicted, always checking the clock after each episode to see if there's another one we can binge!

I've been trying to do a lot of writing lately, getting ready for the new series amongst other things.  I'm also battling something internal, a persistent illness that wants to keep the lungs miserable.  Nevertheless, I'm still able to at least keep writing, and moving forward there.  One thing I did today to help with the misery is join the They Might Be Giants Instant Fan Club.


I missed out on this last time, but as these guys are one of my favorite bands, I actually joined a fan club, which is something I don't think I've ever done before.  Members get music and all kinds of goodies, but it's just neat to belong to something.

Tonight before bed, we didn't have as much time, but we read from the devotional, and we read from the latest adventures of Mara Jade.  Then it was time for prayers, and of course tossing plush animals at me before bedtime.  It was not a terribly eventful day, but we'll have a few of those coming up soon, including the start of school.  That's a huge deal, and a lot of people are worried, while others are very relieved.  We're somewhere between, like most people.  But it'll be okay.  We'll be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment