Ah! Time to use a new bar of soap, one of the bars Mom got me called Skellington's Suds. It's themed to "Nightmare Before Christmas," and I've heard it been told that Jack Skellington himself uses this soap, or at least that is what I've come to understand! It smells great, a little fun too. Perfect to use after getting off the treadmill, which of course I've been on daily. Here's the latest post card:
I've been doing this virtual walk for around a week and am already at 20%. It's got this feature where you can do a look around to see where you're at, so today I was able to stop and see the falls themselves from where I happened to stop. Up until now, it's just been following a road from Lake Ontario southward, and while I march along I've been catching up on some fun POV videos at the falls. The power station and Cave of the Winds have been favorites, and it was hilarious fun going through the Ripley's Believe it or Not there. There have been a couple of POV videos walking up and down the walkway to various viewpoints, and a few POV videos showing rides onboard the Maid of the Mist and the Hornblower. Oh, and a POV hike towards the Whirlpool Rapids too. Lots to see. Long time ago, I was on the Maid of the Mist, riding in a boat up to the midst of Horseshoe Falls. I even got to ride a helicopter over the top of the falls as well. I've always been fascinated by Goat Island there too, this isolated location on the precipice of it all. Okay, anyway, walking was fun today.
Looooong day for Maddie. She had college this morning, and then tonight more practice for her big competition tomorrow. Hopefully everyone will do very well. We're not able to go, as this thing was announced the day that Mom and I are going to see "Les Miserables." Maddie was going to go initially, but we'll take Ansley with us instead. Meanwhile, Maddie will be competing and doing all the other things there as well. She'll have a great day - starts early though!
Mom and I were in Braselton taking things down there and getting a few things from there as well. We made a few other stops along the way, and got back in time to see Maddie and watch the start of the last Braves series of the regular season. Only two more games left of that regular season, and then off to post season. It was an almost a "Maddux" game, and by "Maddux," I didn't realize that my favorite pitcher of all time had something named after him. Yeah, I learned this today. A "Maddux" is when a pitcher pitches a complete shut-out game in less than a hundred pitches. The Miami Marlins didn't pitch a Maddux, but he did do a complete game shut-out. Our offense was sad - just one hit. Hopefully tomorrow we can get a little more excitement going.
We read from "Thief of Time" tonight, and then it was time for prayers and a good night's rest. Big, big day tomorrow!

No comments:
Post a Comment