Monday, September 14, 2026

Coyote vs. Acme


Today we went to the theater to see a movie that has an amazing story just to get it to the theaters in the first place.  The movie itself sort of mirrors the story, a "little man" vs. "big corporations" vibe, but it's so much more than that of course.  It's a nostalgic and sometimes emotional trip to visit some of these wonderful characters, and really it's one of the best movies of this sort we've seen since "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?"  It was really, really good.  I'm so glad this movie got released, and I can't imagine why it was made and just put on a shelf just to save the company money.  Weird.  But public outcry got this movie released, even though by a different studio, and I'm so glad it was released, as it's one of my favorites this year, a surprise really.



So I'm getting to work on a steampunk themed series, and here's a great logo for it.  I've got some messages done from 2020, things never really used before, but now I can get them enhanced a bit.  That's been fun working on this.  Also finished:  149 psalms!  I have 149 of these psalms set to music now, different styles and all really cool.  It's been a small passion project over the last year or so - it's taken a while to do each one.  Why only 149 though?  Because Psalm 119 has something like 180 verses!  I'll have to figure something out for that, just because I'm a completist.  In 1998, I discovered a 151st psalm when we visited the Dead Sea Scrolls in Israel.  So maybe that one's next.  Anyway, for now there's a 149 of them, and that's pretty cool.  I might be sharing those soon.

Okay moving on, tonight the Braves lost to the Cubs, mainly because the Braves were trying to one of less reliable pitchers some playing time.  For the second time now, this pitcher didn't quite work out.  We'll try again for a victory tomorrow.

Tonight we had some pumpkin spice tea which was super yummy.  Picked that up from Aldi's!  Really good though, nice and seasonal. 

Maddie had a big day at college today, and then tonight was over at Edge for taekwondo.  She got home to do some homework, of course, and then later tonight we continued with our book "The Thief of Time," which we are really enjoying.

It's been a decent day, but now it's time for prayers - and some sleep.  Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment