Monday, September 21, 2026

The Ol' Magoo


Mom and I were over in Oakwood today, there for a few reasons, so why not drop by and get something to eat?  This was our first time sitting to eat at Huey Magoo's, which of course made us saying a few times, "Give her the ol' Magoo" or "Magoo'll get you in - Magoo will gotcha out."  


In case you don't get the reference, it's from "Christmas in Connecticut," and brought up a few times by this guy here, a big fan of "the ol' Magoo!"  What is "the Magoo?"  I think it's just a way of saying, "be charming."  I'm not really sure how "Magoo" became synonymous to this guy with the word "charm," so maybe that's something worth investigating further here...

Of course, none of that has anything to do with what we ate.  Nor does this guy either, just in case you're wondering.


ANYWAY, as for the food, it was decent.  This may be a controversial thing to say with the folks I work with, but we sort of prefer a few of the other chicken places more so.  Maddie is a big Zaxby's fan, although there's some sentimentality there.  As for me, I have to do grilled chicken, and I'm a big fan of Chick-Fil-A.  Not saying we had bad chicken at Magoo's, not at all.  We had a nice lunch there, and then were off to a few places.  We stopped by the church for a few things, donating some other things over at Goodwill too to drop a few things off, and pick up a few things too, including a vinyl Carman record, which was a great find for a dollar.  


After that, we were on our way to do some grocery shopping, and that was great picking up a few seasonal items, and some other things for our upcoming trip too.  Not too many days to go.


We were at the church for a little bit today, and I'm still loving this mural they've put up.  They're still working on the KidPak office area, getting things ready to go there for us to move back in.  

Tonight we finished the Pirates trilogy with "At World's End," opting to stop there for now.  Such great movies, and we've seen them so much.  But Maddie was wanting to do these starting Talk-Like-A-Pirate Day, and we're all on board for that.

We read a bit more after that, and then time for prayers, and a good night's rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment