Maddie had her college orientation today, and I was there too - but so was someone else!
Nate was there too! The two of them are seen here doing the "Hawk" gesture, a sort of official college hand gesture. We learned that earlier today, pretty much the first thing covered in a long, long day. It was a good day though. We went to a few sessions - the parents and family went in one direction while the students spent time in another. Maddie and Nate were in classes about navigating the first year, and then a more practical one about student IDs, parking and dining plans. They also were in some other ones that pretty much covered ground the two had heard before with core classes and so on.
There was a bit of swag here too. I "won" a t-shirt, but I gave that one to Nate. He and Maddie later got another college shirt too. Plus they got some other items, including some cans of one of their favorite beverages.
Then came the walking tour. Again, the parents were going at a different time - the students went at another time, and it was nice out there today.
Here's our student guide after walking around with us for a bit, we made our way back to the Nesbitt building, which of course is hilarious. Why?
See the hat? I'm Ms. Nesbitt! But seriously, this is a really great piece of architecture on campus, both inside and out. We spent a lot of our time here today, and I snapped a few photos during some of the breaks.
And then... it was time for lunch. They had some nice food choices there for all of us, and we enjoyed that food.
There were other sessions afterwards, and a bit of a set-up with tables to visit that had different clubs and informative stations for the students to visit. Maddie and Nate got a few more items, drinks, and those college t-shirts here.
It was a nice time, and Maddie's looking forward to this first semester. Still a few steps to go, but school is starting soon!
I went off to work after this, and after that, it was time to head home. I got my walking in, and I'm almost done on the treadmill with this virtual Mount Rushmore route. What better way to finish off this walk by starting "North by Northwest." I forgot how great this movie is.
Back upstairs, it was time to listen to the Braves game tonight - it's not on BravesVision, but we're listening on the radio via the MLB channel. Afterwards, it was time for reading, some prayers, and some sleep.






















No comments:
Post a Comment