Thursday, July 23, 2026

"I would have liked to have seen Montana"

We've been spending time working on our new series, "The Past of the Warrior," already pushing hard for the next series.  The booklet's finished, and now it's the other items along the way.  Big work day.


The Braves won again today, hitting homers and hanging on tight to win by just one run.  They beat the Padres for the series and now seem to be following a similar trajectory that they were at the beginning of the season with exciting games where they wind up on top.  Fun game to watch - and we'll get to see some more baseball in person this weekend, including a few Braves players on rehab assignment.  Actually, the Stripers team has a lot of familiar faces on it, and we're looking forward to seeing everyone play!


I'm walking again, this time around Wall Drug in a really fun virtual exploration of this iconic location.  I've been to Wall Drug a few times, and just love the place.  It's one of the ultimate Roadside America destinations, an absolute classic.  This virtual march towards Mount Rushmore has been great because I get to go back and see all the locations I used to visit a lot.  Miss them greatly.



Tonight in honor of Sam Neil's passing, we watched "The Hunt for Red October," which is such a great movie.  I haven't seen it in years, but I still remember so many of these lines and portions of the movie.  The classic line, "I would have liked to have seen Montana" is such a heartbreaking moment, but we can take heart because the next time we see Sam Neil in the movies, it's in Montana.  In "Jurassic Park," the dig site where we first meet Dr. Grant is actually in Montana.  I'm not sure if this was planned or not, but it's great, and so I like it.  Furthermore, I was just reminded of a fact that in "Jurassic Park," the first paleontologist we meet says that "you'll never get him out of Montana."  And one more thing:  in "Jurassic Park III," Dr. Grant drives a pick-up truck, something his character in "The Hunt for Red October" wanted to do.  Fun little inside connections there!


Anyway, tonight we read some more from "Unseen Academicals" and after that, we said our prayers.  It's been a good day today - time for some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment