We harvested a bit today, at least another tomato from the garden outside, but also a mammoth pepper from down there. I think we're approaching time to harvest some of that lettuce from the hydroponic garden and make ourselves a salad.
We were writing today for our upcoming spy-themed series, and we had a fun idea to do a message that has a bit of a "Kim Possible" theme with the wording. I'll have to share that one later, but it's been fun writing.
Each day I've been getting pictures of Alaska on my phone - the reason is that Nana and Ye-Ye have been having an incredible vacation up there. It's pretty much over, but the last week has been fun getting these images. They've gotten to do just about everything they've wanted to do up there, and I'm so glad of that favor.
Our new Discworld book is "Soul Music," which means we'll be visiting with the characters DEATH and Susan Sto Helit for this novel, and then probably after this we'll revisit "Thief of Time" as well, hopefully finishing that in time for another reading of "Hogfather" too. The Discworld is a fun place! I've read these before, but these adventures with Susan will be new for Maddie (except for "Hogfather" of course). She's an interesting character, as are all the others that populate the Discworld.
Still walking on my virtual march towards Mount Rushmore. We've taken to watching a fun vlogger online, one who visits all the places I wish I could visit across the country. Many I have visited, and it's neat to see some of these locations again - it's all roadside America sort of stuff, largely, places you visit along the way to the iconic destinations. Like Carhenge, for example. You're really on your way to Badlands and Mount Rushmore and the Needles Canyon, but a recreation of Stonehenge created with cars in the middle of the prairie is just too hard for me to resist. I've been there once, and it was a fun stop. Tonight I was back there virtually with a visit, and then off to Keystone, South Dakota for a visit to a wax museum and then Mount Rushmore at the end there. Fun walk, and I'm almost done with this one, about to earn another medal.
The Braves had a double header today, dropping the first game to the Mets, but winning the second one. both games were tense, one-run difference games. It'd be nice to have a game we won where they won by more than one run, as we've had a lot of these nail biters lately. But a win is a win, and we'll take it!
Tonight after reading, we said our prayers of course. Then it was time for some sleep!


No comments:
Post a Comment