Saturday, April 6, 2024

Planet of the Apes


Okay, so we started something tonight, and the idea popped up a few days ago when we were at the movies and saw the trailer for the new Planet of the Apes movie.  It occurred to me that Maddie hasn't actually seen the first Planet of the Apes movie, although back a few years ago she saw the Tim Burton version.  I don't think she'll actually need to see these first five movies to get caught up with the story, but by gum, she's going to see them.  I think.  These were such a huge part of culture in the 70's and I remember seeing them later on television too.  And of course, years later, Mom got me that Valentine's Day gift of the entire collection, which I got to see for the first time myself.  Anyway, leading up to the movie this summer we're revisiting our Apefest, and I think we're going to watch all nine movies!  We might lose Maddie on a few of the early ones, as they can get a little dated.  But tonight's movie is the one that started it all, and she actually enjoyed it.  We did too - the first movie is a classic.  We've forgotten some of the details along the way, so it was fun watching it and remembering this or that.  We'll see how things go as the week goes on, but Apefest is continuing on!  


This morning, Maddie had Team Edge practice, which is nice.  I was at the church still cleaning up and preparing for a week away from the office.  Supposedly things are getting painted and there's new furniture coming in.  We'll see.  The carpet is getting cleaned too, so I'm not actually sure how long I can be there in KidPak.  Again, we'll see.  In the meantime, I was out doing a lot of grocery shopping today, catching up after all these weeks away from the grocery store.  It was a huge bill.  The cost of living is pretty big lately.  I got everything on the list though, and we're stocked up and ready to go.


Maddie and I were in LEGO Middle Earth for a little bit today, and beyond that Mom was doing some preparations for Kidpak tomorrow, plus clean-up from the Easter production.  We spoke with Nana and Ye-Ye, who are doing fine, getting ready for a trip to Montana soon.  


We closed out the day reading an odd short story about a renegade stormtrooper and a dewback, part of the "From a Certain Point of View" book.  After that, prayers and an early night's rest.  Tomorrow we've got to get up early for church.  Should be a good day!


No comments:

Post a Comment