Wednesday, April 10, 2024

Reprisal Eggs

Wow, some torrential rain tonight!  I was on my way back to pick up Maddie from FCY, and I was on that winding Browns Bridge Road during the deluge, blinding headlights coming from the other side as I go slowly forward with the other cars... and that's when my windshield wipers tangled up!  God is good.  I was able to pull over some place quickly, and though I got pretty wet getting them untangled, I used the umbrella I was holding to get things right again.  I was soaked.  But when I started up the wipers again, only the passenger side was not working.  That was good news - the driver side wiper was working just fine, and that got me to church to pick up Maddie.  She had a great time tonight at FCY, where they're starting their new series, "House Party."  




The world-famous "cup game" was there for starters, and a pretty solid worship night too.  Ty did a great message tonight talking about the woman at the well, and just as he was up there, they could hear the rainfall on the roof.  It has to be super heavy for it to be that loud, but again, these were some really heavy rain showers.


At least I've got a good wiper.  But we've certainly got some car work to get done.  Not sure when, but soon, of course.  Today Maddie was at school of course, and it was a decent day.  She's gotten that extra prom ticket for her friend, and she's making plans for next Friday, which will be here soon, her first prom. Whoa.  



This is a frog egg that Maddie made for one of her friends, an egg gift given in return and somewhat of an inside joke.  She might have to explain that one, but the picture below is easy to explain - it's that app on the phones that make you take a picture of yourself at certain times wherever you might be.  Maddie snapped this one in school.



I got the rest of those "Prince of Egypt" slides and clips figured out, and we should have a pretty solid message on Sunday to close out the series "Exodus."  Meanwhile, we're also working on a small group morning for our younger actors this weekend, including Maddie of course.  


We watched a few of the programs that premiere today, including "The Bad Batch," and that super shocking episode of "X-Men '97."  To quote one of our favorite commentators, after watching that, "I am not okay."  We said our prayers after the one episode - because we got home a little later, we wanted to get to bed and make sure we had enough sleep.  It was a pretty good day.


No comments:

Post a Comment