Saturday, July 15, 2023

Skylar's Birthday Pool Party


This was just part of the day, a long part for Maddie actually.  She was over at a friend's house for a pool party - it was Skylar's birthday today.  The girls are growing up!  Maddie was there for pizza and fun, and to give her friend that dino nuggie pillow.  She loved it.  And the party was fun too.  Rain was falling all around, and yet not on the pool party, so that was pretty nice for the girls.

It was a big day today, as we had Team Edge practice first in the morning.  That took a few hours, and it's been such a long week for taekwondo now - six straight days of it!  But Maddie's learning the nunchucks now, and that's a new skill for her Saturdays, something I can get behind.  Soon, we'll be getting some new nunchucks, something I've always wanted to get for my daughter.  Yes, before I even had a daughter, I thought to myself, "Someday I'll have a little girl.  And I'll get to buy her nunchucks."

Anyway, we got #63 today as our squirrel onslaught continues.  Sixty-three stickers on the side of that cage.  It was a long day with the party and the practice.  Mom was packing at the house, and we got home to watch "Monster Trucks," a movie that I've been wanting to see for a bit now.  It was fun - we enjoyed that one with popcorn!

Tonight we read from "Leia," where we're learning about the climb up Appenza Peak, which sounds invigorating.  We'll probably have to wait on that climb until later... oh wait.  The planet's gone.  Never mind.

We said our prayers tonight, and got to bed soon enough - we have to get up early tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment