Saturday, December 8, 2012

Babes in Toyland

So this morning Daddy woke up with that sticky stuff on my face still - that sticky spirit gum, all over my beard and mustache.  We used the gum in a video yesterday, and I forgot before going home to put on the spirit gum remover.  So I had this sticky stuff on my face, and this morning I couldn't wait to get it off.

So this morning I made the comment to her, "I wish I had that spirit gum remover."

At which point Mommy says, "I happen to have some here, believe it or not!"  Yes, she's been dealing with a lot of that with costumes lately.  What a coincidence!

So she gets me a bottle.  I jump in the shower and try to open the bottle, but it's stuck.  Try as hard as I can, the thing will not open!  So I jump out, put on my robe and run downstairs for help.

"I need a wrench or something!"

Mommy gets a wrench, actually.  At one point, she says, "It seems to be glued stuck!"

But we do get the thing open, so once again I run up to the shower.  While there, I open the bottle and apply it liberally to remove that sticky area on my face.

It smells familiar....  I look at the bottle....

It says, "Spirit Gum," and yes, it actually WAS glued stuck!  And now I've poured even more all over my face!

And so, Daddy went off to the performance with a sticky face.  Yep.  He put on a sweater, and went to meet Madison, who said, "Daddy, you're wearing an ugly sweater!"

In her defense, she thinks that's part of the title now.  Any sweater with any design on it is now an "ugly" sweater!

Before leaving, she opened her present - a craft of a snowman that she made herself as she waited for Mommy and Daddy to get ready.  She also found Jingle Bell the Elf, who was on top of her bookshelf, riding along on the Gävle Goat.  Looks like he was having a great time last night!



As for the performance, it was really quite nice.  We drove down to Roswell, where Mommy used to live.  The costumes at this production were great, as were the performances.  This production had a lot of character and humor to it, and was a lot of fun!


Madison, Daddy and Mommy sat on the front row of the balcony and peered over at the stage.  They allowed us to have our concessions with us, so we were munching on fruit bowls, apple juice - and Madison's new favorite candy:  Skittles.  They even had tea for grown-ups, so Daddy made some nice peppermint tea, because it seemed the festive thing to do.

Anyway, the production was really enjoyable.  Madison watched the whole thing without getting restless or bored - and as a bonus, the dancers were out in the lobby afterwards to pose for pictures with!


Madison actually posed with every single one that was out in the lobby, which was quite a few.  She'd just get in one line after the other.  Another added feature were autographs:  Madison was handed a sheet of paper so she could collect autographs from dancers, just like she does at Disney World.


Here she is with Goldilocks and Little Red Riding Hood, who seems to have a habit of stepping on bad guys' toes.  Speaking of which, here below is Madison with one of the villains of the production, a spider queen:


Once Madison was done with autographs and photos, it was time to head back home.  Daddy had a lot to do at work, so we drove home in the rain.  Yes, it rained.  This in itself was amazing:  the rain was heavy, and so unexpected.  We haven't seen rain in so long - it seemed so unusual!  Mommy and Madison slept on the way back home, and it was one of those types of days where you just wanted to curl up under a blanket and watch television or something.

We ate a hearty lunch, and did just that:  watched the "Kung Fu Panda" Christmas short that just came out recently.  It was the first time any of us had seen it, so it was good for all of us to be together for that.  Kung Fu Panda, of course, has a big place in our short history together.  The movie was good, and it was pretty hard to climb out from underneath the blanket.  Yet Daddy did have to go to work the rest of the day.

Still, he'd call from time to time to check in on Mommy and Madison.  At one point, we were watching a webcam together:  it was live footage of the Disney Fantasy slowly making it's way out of Port Canaveral, off to some tropical destination.  Sigh...  Mommy and Daddy are wanting to go on another cruise, and the sooner the better!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty funny if you ask me! Hope you get the sticky stuff remove soon......

    ReplyDelete