Saturday, October 12, 2024

Cumming Fair


We went to the Cumming Fair tonight, which was nice to squeeze in the county fair this fall.  We hadn't done a fair in some time, and Maddie wanted to revisit this, especially because she could go back with some friends.  So we went, and I think the highlight for me was the chair lift, which is such a serene journey across the entire landscape, particularly at night with all the lights and activity all around.  Maddie and I rode that across the grounds, and really liked it.

The long line up the hill, just to get to the parking lot.

The Parking Lot merry-go-round.

I think the lowlight would be getting there.  That would be my least favorite part.  There is extremely limited parking there, and by extremely limited, I mean I was circling the parking lot for at least forty minutes.  I dropped Maddie and her friend Chris off so they could wander around, but I was believing I'd be stuck in the parking lot merry-go-round for a good bit.  I was very blessed to get a spot eventually, but I was definitely not in an idea situation.  

From there on, it was nice.  I went to the Indian village and things were timed in such a way that I could see the Indian dance demonstration, which was roughly a half hour long, and pretty interesting.  I toured around there for a good bit, and even timed my departure and arrival there with the golf cart that was giving folks rides to and from the village area.  









I got up to the top, and got there just in time for the pig races, which was super fun.  


I caught up with Maddie and her friends, who were standing in line, one of many incredibly long lines tonight, and there they remained for a good bit.  I got something to drink for Maddie, but passed by a dinosaur show on the way there, with those pretty fun dinosaur costumes!







Meanwhile, Maddie got to see a human cannonball, which is worth the price of admission to me!


So we were seeing a good bit there.  I got Maddie a Dr. Pepper, her favorite soda, and it was right next to the Republican tents down there, where I had Maddie pose with the former President a bit later on.



Maddie got in line for the sidewinder ride, and she enjoyed that one with a friend.  The line for that one was only about twenty minutes long, but again, the other lines were ginormous.  It was not worth it at all to get a "unlimited rides" stamp, because the lines were so long that "unlimited" meant four or five!





But they had a great time on that ride there, and afterwards, we got some snacks.  Yes, I got a corndog.  Maddie got fries, and her friend got a pretty pricy cheesesteak.  Prices have really gone up lately.  

Anyway, after that, Maddie and I got in the super long line for the skyline, but that line was moving along pretty well.  And it wasn't too much later that we were soaring across the fairgrounds, enjoying the wonderful sights and serene atmosphere above the fair.








We were close to done after that.  We saw the seals swimming around and scooting across the stage, and we passed by the creepy characters at the haunted barn there.  We visited the petting zoo area too.




Oh, and there was that really cool musical calliope that was actually playing a version of Dolly Parton's "9 to 5."  Pretty cool!  


But soon it was time to get home.  Maddie was using her camera to take pictures of the fair that almost appear to be vintage, and those came out pretty cool!












It was an easy time getting to the car and getting home.  It was chilly, but everyone had a great time together.  Maddie loved it!















No comments:

Post a Comment