Friday, October 11, 2024

Friday the 11th


Candy corn!  Maddie loves it, and so do we.  We have a few bags at the house that we have to keep sealed so that the three of us don't hastily eat them all.  We're saving them for a pumpkin carving party coming up.   These were set up on Nana and Ye-Ye's kitchen, by Maddie, who was divvying out the portions of candy corn for all of us - this was my lot, a perfect circle that she made, and of course we had to photograph.  It's seasonal!


Today was Friday the 11th.  Which doesn't sound quite as menacing as Friday the 13th, but it's in October, so that should count for something, right?  Anyway, tonight was taekwondo, and Maddie had a good class.  The schedule is getting set up for the fall season, and while we can do Edgefest at the end of the month, it looks like I personally won't get to go to Extravaganza this year, the Christmas-themed event.  It coincides with our Christmas Spectacular at the church, which is unfortunate timing.  Perhaps I can show up in my King Herod costume...!  Probably not.  Regardless, Maddie has been training with Team Edge for the upcoming performance there, and things will ratchet up a bit with schedule times and practices soon enough.


I was getting groceries tonight, more of them.  We're trying out some new pumpkin spice flavored cereals.  Maddie's enjoying the pumpkin spice mini-wheats and I like the pumpkin spice Special K.  It's a seasonal thing, and soon enough we'll be off to candy canes and egg nog.  But not quite yet!


It was a quiet Friday night.  We watched a movie, "Hocus Pocus," and we even watched the latest Magic Kingdom production from the Not-So-Scary-Halloween, the one with the Sanderson Sisters hosting a villains' get-together.  It's about the same show I remember seeing in person, which is to say it's not a bad one at all.  Lots of fun and music too, all ending with the "I Put a Spell on You" song that gets stuck in your head.  We all saw this twice, I believe, back a few years ago, and the actresses they found for the performance looked - and acted - spot on!


We did our reading tonight, and we're really close to wrapping up "Equal Rites," after which we could go in a few different directions.  I've been really enjoying these short "Goosebumps" stories, and might start doing a few of these leading up to the end of the month, just for fun.  But the next book in the Discworld series would work too.  Speaking of holiday-themed activities and so forth, Maddie really wants to head to the Cumming Fair, so we'll be there tomorrow.  And I've wrapped up the latest iFit challenge and earned a virtual pumpkin badge. 



I've got a pretty good collection of badges from the last year.  I'm working on this longer challenge next, an inspiring one filmed in the Canary Islands.  I keep going day after day, and feel pretty much great about my cardiovascular work.  I try to keep the heart in good shape.


We said our prayers tonight, and we got ourselves a good night's rest. Big Day tomorrow!  


No comments:

Post a Comment