Monday, June 19, 2023

An Inconvenient Tooth

Pretty average summer day!  Except for the dental work that I had to have done.  Yeah, this back tooth was the molar story of the summer!  If only the Tooth Fairy could be there for me - I could sure use a friend in that dentist chair.  I can see him now in that pilot's hat with the goggles, what looks like a mailman uniform and of course the tiny wings on the back that no one ever would make fun of.  That would be nice to see him drop in my view out the window of the new dental facility.  This was an "Inconvenient Tooth."  Root canals are no fun, Maddie.  Brush your teeth and stay safe.  Floss, and probably biggest of all, see a dentist a few times a year for those regular cleanings that make sure you won't have to do this so much.  As for why I myself had to have it done, the reason was grinding.  Yeah, stress.  I have a mouthpiece that I've gotten used to.  It helps with the nighttime grinding.  


Anyway, Maddie had her taekwondo tonight, and that was good.  We had a lot of rain.  Again.  We'r not talking the occasional storms, but rather the frequent amount of rain that defines places like Seattle or the Northwestern Coast.  I'm not entirely sure how we wound up in this pattern, but I'm grateful for the lower temperatures at least.  And the fact that it doesn't seem to rain on us when we plan outdoor activities.  We've made this summer work.  Or rather, we've had help from God on that count. 


So it's a rather quiet day, and the root canal may have something to do with that on my end.  But we do have a butterfly bush outside that I want to share some pictures of.  One of the reasons for that is that we have actual hummingbird moths on our property now, which is pretty cool.  This may be a fairly mundane thing, but I just didn't know of their existence until a year or two ago, and I think they're pretty nifty.  These aren't as big as the ones I saw at the Botanical Gardens earlier, but it also may be early in the season.  Regardless, they're pretty cool.  Here are a few pictures of our butterfly bush with some visitors, including the world-famous hummingbird moth:






As for the rest of the day, it was simple.  We read some tonight, and we said our prayers of course.  Things are busy here, but we're doing okay!  Here's Maddie's take on the day:


Maddie's pov:

So it was a pretty average summer day. I had taekwondo today and we were working with kamas. It was fun. We had also did some tricking and kicks. In black belt class, we did sparring (again) but whatever along with forms. Dad had went to the dentist this morning for his root canal stuff. A lot of rain...

No comments:

Post a Comment