Tuesday, March 16, 2021

St. Patrick's Day Party




The family got together tonight, meeting at Ye-Ye and Nana's house for our annual St. Patrick's Day meal, and as always, it was perfectly wonderful.  The place was decorated with flowers and different things that were acquired in Ireland or perhaps just things that were Irish that look nice.  Everyone wore their green too, and of course we all had our corn beef and cabbage and potatoes.  The Irish music was playing, and there was even a gluten-free cake with a shamrock on it.  It was nice to be together, all of us, reminiscing about a trip to Ireland, or just catching up with each other about all the things that have been going on lately.  It was a nice time over there.

Today was a cold and rainy day - the rain is supposed to get rough tomorrow.  We're in the zone for some severe weather.  


Madison's third quarter ended today, and just in time, as she finished with all A's.  We'll see how long that lasts, as she just took a really big math test that she didn't really prepare for.   But focusing on the good, let's celebrate all A's once more.  She's doing well over all!


I was working on the next youth small groups today, and got that all wrapped up.  It took a bit of time.  Tomorrow we'll time - again - as I head to the dentist with Nana and Mom.  I might get some teeth guards, as the stress the last few months is causing me to clench my jaws.  I am so sore now, as Maddie actually did something a few days ago that has caused me a good deal of pain when I rise or sit or lay myself down.  It hasn't been a banner week.


We read from our book tonight before praying, and yes, it once again started out with more torture.  I'm not making this up.  The book dedicated the first few pages of the next chapter to even more torturing.  And here is where I make up a joke about the book itself being somewhat of a torture.  It's an okay book.  We're going to finish it though!


We said our prayers tonight, and soon after that were ready for bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment