Thursday, February 16, 2023

Flaming Cheetos

This afternoon Maddie was doing science in her Chemistry class, and I'm not entirely sure what the story is behind this, and perhaps she'll log in here and explain, but they were burning Cheetos with the Bunsen burner.  So in fact, these were flaming hot Cheetos.



Anyway, it was a decent day.  We've been having these meetings where we're planning and sort of writing out things related to a future dream project about "Esther."  I even wrote out a rather mean-spirited set of lyrics for Haman and Zeresh to sing when they plot their evil plan for Mordecai.  I just sat there randomly coming up with this one, and it may or may not show up somewhere else, but it was kind of fun to write...


HAMAN:

I have gold, I have a ton

And I’ve got so many sons

I’m so strong – check out these guns!

 

ZERESH:

Oh, you’ve been lifted high

 

HAMAN:

Yes I’m loved by queen and king

Why, he gave me his gold ring!

And there’s this awesome banquet thing

 

ZERESH:
Yet this won’t satisfy?

 

HAMAN:

I have riches I have fame

Everyone respects my name

But there’s one man I can’t tame

 

ZERESH:
You must mean Mordecai?

 

HAMAN:

Oh I really hate that Jew

And I don’t know what to do

All my choices here seem few

 

ZERESH:
Why not just have him …die?

 

  


HAMAN:

How delicious, what a thought!

ZERESH:

We must scheme the perfect plot

HAMAN: 

And rid Persia of this rot

HAMAN & ZERESH

Get rid of Mordecai!

 

ZERESH:

How to do it, that’s the trick?

HAMAN:

Poison food would make him sick

ZERESH: 

But my love, that’d be too quick

HAMAN & ZERESH:

Too quick for Mordecai

 

HAMAN:
Perhaps a large and falling rock?

ZERESH:
Or just his head upon a block

HAMAN: 

Oh, that’s good!  And then we’ll mock

HAMAN & ZERESH:

The face of Mordecai

 

ZERESH:

Oh, I’ve got it!  Lift him high!

Way up there, up in the sky

On a pole right here nearby!

 

HAMAN:
High up goes Mordecai!

 

 


HAMAN:

I can’t even fathom why

That Hebrew thought he could defy

ZERESH:
He thought the rules did not apply

HAMAN and ZERESH:
Apply to Mordecai!

 

ZERESH:
But they'll see him on that tree!

HAMAN: 

Then no one will mess with me

ZERESH:

And you’ll finally be free

HAMAN and ZERESH: 

Be free of Mordecai!

 

HAMAN:

It’s time to go to my banquet

Where my life is going to get

The best it’s ever gotten yet

 

ZERESH:
All without Mordecai!

 

HAMAN:  
Thank you, sweetie.  And now I

will go and eat my slice of pie

 

ZERESH: 

Knowing that this Jew will die

 

HAMAN: 

On Haman’s word, you can rely!

 

ZERESH:
You’ll really stick it to this guy!

 

HAMAN:

I’m so happy I could cry!

 

ZERESH:

He’ll be fifty cubits high!

 

HAMAN:

We’ll be waving our bye-bye!

 

HAMAN and ZERESH:
Bye-bye to Mordecai!

 

 

Tonight we were awakened in the mid of night by a loud and torrential rainfall.  So much rain this year.  This rain came down sounding like a jet engine, pummeling the roof and forest with a deluge of water so thick, it was as if there was a ginormous bathtub faucet directly over our house.  It gushed out for a lengthy time, and in the morning we saw evidence of the damage with branches on the ground and in the road - there was one massive tree branch that fell down onto a sign alongside Browns Bridge Road.  The lake is so full at the moment, whereas just a few months ago, we were wondering if we had finally entered some sort of dry spell.  If only the temperature lined up with the precipitation, we'd have at least one good snowfall.  But once again, that hasn't happened, and time is running out.  I think we may have seen flurries one time this season.  But no accumulations.  Of course, further north there is a lot of snow, to the point that people are quite miserable with it.  Meanwhile, we're kind of hoping for just one snowfall?  Maybe not this year.  That will make the next snowfall all the more magical, I suppose.


Tonight before bed, we watched the latest episode of "The Bad Batch," which has been a lot of fun.  It's been a different season, but it's still great to see all these characters together, even with the cliffhanger here at the end of this one episode.  These animations go back so long, and we've been there since the beginning.  We always have to watch another social media channel to see a commentary that's prepared for these episodes - it's called "Screencrush," and Maddie makes sure we have time to watch that latest entry after every new episode.


We read tonight, and we said our prayers too.  We get to sleep in a little tomorrow, and that's something to look forward to, especially having to wake up a few times in the night because of the rough weather outside.


No comments:

Post a Comment