Wednesday, August 4, 2021

Cruising Along

We hopped on "The Jungle Cruise" tonight, the movie based on the ride, or at least I think it was.  There's a boat, corny jokes, and a bit where they go through a temple.  But it seems as if the movie is more based on the "Pirates of the Caribbean" movies than anything, with weirdly formed unstoppable villains after some cure that will reverse the curse that rests upon them.  Once again, rather than go to the movie theater, we sat in the comfort of our own home.  That was a nice little bonus!


Not that I would have been able to do that anyway.  I mean, we started the day out okay.  Maddie and I went off to the East Forsyth High School open house this morning, and we did a quick search-and-find, looking for all her class locations.  Maddie starts out with Spanish on one side of the building, and then goes over to the other side of the building for nearly all the rest of her classes, which are clustered together there.  She ends the day over at the opposite side again for her theater class, and so as we were finding these locations, we were happy to see there wouldn't be a whole lot of extreme traveling in her daily schedule.  We went over to the cafeteria after that to sign up for a locker.  Maddie spotted a few over in the hallway that were right in the midst of her classrooms, as I stood in this half-hour line to claim that locker. We got it!  We're doing the yearbook purchase online, and we found out what bus we'll be on - and then we were out of there!  We stayed longer than anticipated, this due to that one long line, but it was a pretty productive morning.  Maddie feels confident about where her classes are.


And that's where things sort of went downhill.  I'm not well.  Really not well.  Maddie did her small groups online tonight, but I've trapped myself in a room, and I'm hoping this is something short term.  I sat way over here to watch the movie tonight, off in the kitchen, while the family watched in the living room. But here we are, two days after completing my heart therapy, and now this.  It's remarkable timing.  Not saying that one caused the other, but I am saying there's no way I would have completed the therapy feeling like this.  Also, could you imagine this striking at the beginning of all of that?  So there are bright spots in this.  Hopefully this will be quick and most importantly, as the conductor likes to say on the Polar Express, "Nontransferable!"


We said our prayers tonight, and got to bed early.  Maddie's got school tomorrow, and I definitely need some rest.


No comments:

Post a Comment